First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Well, I have had this thing since the fall and have been adding, upgrading, and modifying at what feels like a breakneck pace. I'll add pictures and updates as I dig them up from all the work that was done. So, I'll start here with the before picture:
Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build before_picture

Here's what's been added / updated:
  • Warn Zeon 10s with Artec Winch plate
  • Factor 55 Flatlink
  • ARB Dual Air Compressor with DV8 Under hood mount (AUX3)
  • Warn Low Bull Bar
  • KC Hilites Pro6 Led Bar with Pro6 Wide 40 A Pillar lights (AUX1)
  • 67 Designs JL Mount Rail with two phone holders and gopro mount
  • Rugged Ridge 21" antenna (my reception sucked with anything shorter)
  • JKS 3.5" Lift w/ JLINK lower control arms
  • FOX Shocks
  • FOX ATS Steering Stabilizer
  • Fuel VAPOR D569 (DDT) 20" wheels
  • Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x13.5R20
  • G2 Gears (Dana/Spicer) 5.13
  • Dana/Spicer 44 Diff covers
  • Rusty's Tire Carrier
  • Rusty's HiLift Jack Mount
  • Cooltech CB Bundle with Cobra 75WXST and 4' Firestik
  • Tuffy Lockbox in center console
  • Tazer Mini with Trail camera

And the current state so far:
Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build 20200514_182818
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
smgill75

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
First mod to add in was the Warn ZEON 10s. Based on some videos I watched, I decided to go with the ARTEC winch plate.

I also had negotiated the steel bumpers with the purchase of the jeep, which is why you see the plastic bumpers in the before picture. BTW, my dealer tried to talk me out of the rear steel bumper because of the backup sensors, but it all got worked out in the end. I like the look of the stock bumpers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build warn_winch

I wired the winch directly to the battery, and it works well. Quick question for anyone looking: did anyone use the warn solenoid and hook to an aux switch? I considered it, but haven't gone there yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build warn2_

Note, without wobble bits and and an articulating extension for my socket wrench, installing the bumper would have seemed impossible:
Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build wrench

OP
OP
smgill75

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Added the ARB dual air compressor. Wanted to be able to air up easily, and like the option of a compressor vs cannister. I added a quick connect check behind the front bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build arb_1

I used the DV8 engine compartment bracket. I know some are concerns with lifespan based on the engine compartment temperature, but I am not running lockers and didn't want the noise of the compressor in the cabin either in the rear or under the passenger seat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build arb_2

I ditched most of the wiring and ran direct to the battery, and have the control wire run to AUX3 to start it up. It works perfectly, and can't believe how fast it can air up the tires. I use the ARB digital pressure gauge when filling.

I also added the ARB quick connect with dust cover just behind the front bumper for easy access.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build 20200514_175817

All of this works great, but I am considering adding the 1 gallon air tank to pre-charge for even faster filling and to run air tools in the field. ARB has an under body bracket, but it's only included in the passenger seat mount, but I have contacted them to see if they'll sell the bracket separately. No joy so far.

OP
OP
smgill75

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Added a KC Hilites Pro6 lightbar. I also got two Pro6 Wide40 beams for the A Pillar mounts.
I wired up the bar and A-Pillar lights to AUX1. I love the amount of illumination I get out on the trail at night!

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build KC_lights

Also pictured is the Warn low bull bard that I installed. It looks great, but the packaging was crap. I had to paint some scratches on the driver's side mount with some black spray paint, but that's neither here nor there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build kc_lights2

Jeep Wrangler JL Smgill75's Billet Silver Rubicon Build kc_lights3

I also ordered Vinyl stickers off of eBay to cover up the yellow KC logo with Silver versions. This made the covers look much less harsh than the default.

My Jeep isn't garage kept, and I do have a bit of rust on the mounts for the A pillar bracket and some screws, which I plan to clean off and paint. Most seem resistant to rusting, but I may paint them all to keep the oxidation away.

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@smgill75 love the d569. I’m considering them as well. In some photos, They almost look like they have a bronze/brown tint to them and others photos they looks more gray.
Its really hard to tell. What color would you say they are?

OP
OP
smgill75

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@smgill75 love the d569. I’m considering them as well. In some photos, They almost look like they have a bronze/brown tint to them and others photos they looks more gray.
Its really hard to tell. What color would you say they are?
Sorry for the delay. It really depends on the light. Straight on it looks grey, offset on a angle it can be bronze looking. I dont think either detracts from the look.
Sponsored