Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I am happy to announce the the SmartStopStart has now been confirmed to be fully compatible with the 2019 Wrangler JL model year.

Our SmartStopStart product is a memory device for the ESS disable button. It retains factory operation of ESS disable button, but allows the vehicle to remember your preference for each time you start the Jeep, rather than always defaulting to ESS ON as it does from the factory. This is why we say 'SmartStopStart is ESS the way it should have been designed'

Over the last two years we have shipped thousands of SmartStopStart modules to satisfied customers for the Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2), the Wrangler JL and the new Cherokee (KL).

On the Wrangler JL, our product installs easily under the dash and it DOES NOT disable the Security Gateway Module (SGW) and it DOES NOT take up the OBDII port.

SmartStopStart also DOES NOT set any fault lights, warning dings or fault codes whatsoever. It has no side effects and it is fully compatible with the Wrangler factory remote start.

This is a proven product that simply works.

Please visit our website at https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

We have a FAQ here: https://www.smartstopstart.com/faq1.html

Installation instructions are here: https://www.smartstopstart.com/uploads/8/0/2/8/8028029/website_2018-19_wrangler_jl_v1.2.pdf

Please post any questions or contact me at [email protected].
Sponsored

Last edited:

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Love the system! Super simple install, No tools required.
I installed it in my 2019 JLUR on 12/3 and have been using it every day since. works perfectly!

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Love the system! Super simple install, No tools required.
I installed it in my 2019 JLUR on 12/3 and have been using it every day since. works perfectly!
Glad you are happy with our product!

Steve
[email protected]

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My SmartStopStop unit arrived today via Fedex. Arrived very quickly!

Packaging was excellent. Included with the unit was directions and Velcro strips for the install.

Install was literally, less then 5 minutes.

Can tell you the unit is well made. A quality offering!. AND .... yes, worked exactly as advertised..... no marrying or procedure, to get it talking lets say, to the JL. It just worked..

Ya know, if you really dislike ESS and would rather not be bothered with the single button push to turn off ESS... and all you want is a gadget to disable ESS, well............. This little one trick pony, as I call it... the SmartStopStart... well, it is definitely something to consider.

Oh, pic below shows the SmartStopStart. I have also attached the instructions to this post.

Works with both the 2018 and 2019 JL .... You can read more and also buy here:
https://www.smartstopstart.com/

smartstopstart.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I just completed a 1200+ mile road trip with my JL. The SmartStopStart performed perfectly the whole trip. I was quite confident it would!

Forgot to mention in my earlier post here that the SmartStartStop works for either the 2018 or 2019 3.6L or the 2.0 JL.

If you have any questions about the SmartStopStart, do reach out to Steve at SmartStartStop... he is very quick to reply and a pleasure to have a back and forth with.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, today I had a chance to really fool lets say, with the SmartSopStart...

Was in lots of stop and go traffic for much of the day, so I did my best to try to get the SmartStopStart to hiccup. I kept fooling with it. 8-)

No way, could I get it to hiccup. It works flawlessly. Never stumbles. It remembers exactly what your last choice was ...as in ESS Off or ESS On. You just can't get it to hiccup, as I said.

Reality is, FCA should have manufactured/set-up, the JL, in a way, that mimics what the SmartStopStart does.

Can tell you, it is such a pleasure having the SmartStopStart installed on my JL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@klhjeep2018
@SmartStopStart.com
@cwadle
@Everyone

I'm in Florida presently.

My childhood buddy is a Senior Tech, at a Jeep dealership here. He's ready to retire soon. I stopped by his work yesterday during the shop lunch hour.

I uninstalled the SmartStopStart just prior to my visit with him..

When I got there, he drove my JL into the shop and hooked up the WiTech tool to it, to see if he could see any telltale signs, that the SmartStopStart had been installed on the vehicle.

He knew I have had a lets call it, real programmer installed for quite awhile, but recently had uninstalled it.

He also new I had just, 10 minutes earlier, un-installed something else, a SmartStopStart, ESS disabler.

He was in there with it, lets say poking round looking, with the WiTech, for a good 15 min... he actually was looking very closely he said..... anyway, he saw no telltale signs that the SmartStopStart had been installed/dealing with my JL..

He told me no worry... a tech would have no clue unless he looked under the dash and saw the SmartStopStart stuck up under there with velcro. 8-)

Oh, and YES .......... I did reinstall the SmartStopStart, right after my buddy and I had a quick lunch.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
@klhjeep2018
@SmartStopStart.com
@cwadle
@Everyone

I'm in Florida presently.

My childhood buddy is a Senior Tech, at a Jeep dealership here. He's ready to retire soon. I stopped by his work yesterday during the shop lunch hour.

I uninstalled the SmartStopStart just prior to my visit with him..

When I got there, he drove my JL into the shop and hooked up the WiTech tool to it, to see if he could see any telltale signs, that the SmartStopStart had been installed on the vehicle.

He knew I have had a lets call it, real programmer installed for quite awhile, but recently had uninstalled it.

He also new I had just, 10 minutes earlier, un-installed something else, a SmartStopStart, ESS disabler.

He was in there with it, lets say poking round looking, with the WiTech, for a good 15 min... he actually was looking very closely he said..... anyway, he saw no telltale signs that the SmartStopStart had been installed/dealing with my JL..

He told me no worry... a tech would have no clue unless he looked under the dash and saw the SmartStopStart stuck up under there with velcro. 8-)

Oh, and YES .......... I did reinstall the SmartStopStart, right after my buddy and I had a quick lunch.

Great news! So do you think it’s safe to let it connected when we take it to the dealership for repairs? Thanks so much! And Merry Christmas

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great news! So do you think it’s safe to let it connected when we take it to the dealership for repairs? Thanks so much! And Merry Christmas
@klhjeep2018

No, you would not want to leave it installed when you take the JL in for any service department visit.

Leaving it installed would be a bad move on your part.

The point of my post was just uninstall and dealership will not know you are using a unit like this.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@tmakaro

I saw you mentioned in another thread, that you ordered the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler.

Can tell you that you will be very pleased with it. Terrific product offering.

The thing works and no negative impact whatsoever on the JL.

Please post here, once you get it installed, and have had a chance to experience it.

Looking forward to your comments here, which I am very sure will be positive.

Last edited:

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
@tmakaro

I saw you mentioned in another thread, that you ordered the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler.

Can tell you that you will be very pleased with it. Terrific product offering.

The thing works and no negative impact whatsoever on the JL.

Please post here, once you get it installed, and have had a chance to experience it.

Looking forward to your comments here, which I am very sure will be positive.
Yes I installed it almost a week ago. And I could not be any happier. It is flawless.. So nice to get in the Jeep and start driving without even having to think about pressing that damn button. The added bonus that I had no idea it would affect is the drivers side speaker Charlie Brown noise when you’re listening to talk radio is completely gone. I have no idea if the plug is a little bigger or what but it’s gone. The smart stop start remembers the last state it was in when the vehicle was turned off. The best money I’ve spent so far on accessories.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@klhjeep2018

Yes, works flawlessly. Also very easy to toggle it the other way, if you are in a situation where you want ESS not disabled.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, since Dec. 19th when I installed the SmartStopStart, I have put on 4,103 miles on my JL. Yes, alot of miles in 18 days.

Anyway, not once during, those 4,103 miles has the SmartStopStart not done exactly what it is supposed to do. 8-) Yup, terrific little product offering.
Sponsored