Sponsored

SmartStopStart - Compatible with 2019 Wrangler JL 3.6 and 2.0 BSG

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
Well, since Dec. 19th when I installed the SmartStopStart, I have put on 4,103 miles on my JL. Yes, alot of miles in 18 days.

Anyway, not once during, those 4,103 miles has the SmartStopStart not done exactly what it is supposed to do. 8-) Yup, terrific little product offering.
are you getting paid to make these posts? :)

also, how do we know whether or not the unit leaves any "dectable" digital residue after removing it (that FCA could use to deny warranty coverage)?

thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@HoundDude

I can assure you, if the SmartStopStart was an iffy offering .... an offering that did not do as advertised or had let's say issues, that l would be telling you that. I'm not bashful in regard to calling out chitt..

I have no, let's say, allegiance to the company offering this product.

Anyway, this product does as advertised, and l as a user of the device, can attest to that.

Also, my buddy since childhood, is a Senior Tech at a Florida, Jeep dealership. I removed the SmartStopStart from my JL and brought my JL to his dealership during lunch time, to have him hook up the WiTech tool to it, to see if there was any footprint... any telltale signs that this device had been attached to my JL..

My buddy said no, there was not. That's all l know.... other then l should never take my JL to any dealership with such a device attached to my JL.

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
also, how do we know whether or not the unit leaves any "delectable" digital residue after removing it (that FCA could use to deny warranty coverage)?

thanks
To the computers in the vehicle, the units's activity looks exactly like a manual press of the existing ESS override button. There really is nothing to be detected if the unit is removed prior to going in for service. The unit does not modify any data or software in the vehicle.

-Steve

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
To the computers in the vehicle, the units's activity looks exactly like a manual press of the existing ESS override button. There really is nothing to be detected if the unit is removed prior to going in for service. The unit does not modify any data or software in the vehicle.

-Steve
Flawless performance best model yet

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, since Dec. 19th when I installed the SmartStopStart, I have put on 4,103 miles on my JL. Yes, alot of miles in 18 days.

Anyway, not once during, those 4,103 miles has the SmartStopStart not done exactly what it is supposed to do. 8-) Yup, terrific little product offering.
Well, as a follow-up post .... I have now accrued over 6,500 miles with the SmartStopStart unit installed. It has been installed on my JL, since December.

Not once since it's installation, has the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler hiccuped lets say, in regarding doing it's job.

The thing just works... never any issues... you totally forget it is installed. What a pleasure to have!

I'd recommend this unit to anyone wanting to disable ESS..

Well worth the $ .... and, I might add, that even years down the road, when you finally part with your JL, that you will be able to easily, sell the SmartStopStart unit here on this forum or on say, Craigslist. You can literally use and enjoy this unit and sell it for probably well more, then half of what you paid for it.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Well, as a follow-up post .... I have now accrued over 6,500 miles with the SmartStopStart unit installed. It has been installed on my JL, since December.

Not once since it's installation, has the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler hiccuped lets say, in regarding doing it's job.

The thing just works... never any issues... you totally forget it is installed. What a pleasure to have!

I'd recommend this unit to anyone wanting to disable ESS..

Well worth the $ .... and, I might add, that even years down the road, when you finally part with your JL, that you will be able to easily, sell the SmartStopStart unit here on this forum or on say, Craigslist. You can literally use and enjoy this unit and sell it for probably well more, then half of what you paid for it.

I couldn't agree more, Mine has worked perfectly!!!!! Great Product!!!!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been using and testing for awhile now and have no plans on removing it, this product simply works perfectly and as Steve stated the SGW module remains intact so no chance of security issues

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerMan

Actually, my last concern is the "security issues". Chance of my having an issue like that are slim if even that.

With that said, ALL the other terrific reasons for wanting / having a SmartStopStart are what got me installing one.

Quite the gadget ... just a little one trick pony so to speak, all in does is disable ESS..... but geeeez, it works flawlessly. I'd say a must have gadget, especially if you are not a fan of ESS.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, today I received an email from Uconnect with my monthly Vehicle Health Report
This is the 3rd Vehicle Health Report, I have received since I installed the SmartStopStart, ESS disabler.

The receipt of email, has prompted me to come here and make this post.

I thought those that have a SmartStopStart, those that are anticipating buying one, or are searching for info in regard to the SmartStopStart, would want to know / would be interested in knowing......

Knowing... that the SmartStopStart , will not prevent/impact. your JL being accessed by Uconnect.

Uconnect can glean the info it needs in order to send you your monthly, Vehicle Health Report in regard to your JL.

Also, Over The Air (OTA) updates from Uconnect. are not blocked/impacted.

@SmartStopStart.com

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn’t see how the device could impact anything with uconnect or even a software check while still connected. It’s just a device that goes inline with the button. It remembers state and sends same sign as the button for that state. I wouldn’t think any tech would ever notice it unless they opened the dash. They maybe be able figure something is in there when starting the vehicle and they noticed that the button was enabled (if that was the state it was put in). Other than those 2 cases I can’t see how it would be detected.

OP
OP
SmartStopStart.com

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I couldn’t see how the device could impact anything with uconnect or even a software check while still connected. It’s just a device that goes inline with the button. It remembers state and sends same sign as the button for that state. I wouldn’t think any tech would ever notice it unless they opened the dash. They maybe be able figure something is in there when starting the vehicle and they noticed that the button was enabled (if that was the state it was put in). Other than those 2 cases I can’t see how it would be detected.
SmartStopStart does not go inline with the ESS override button. This is not practical on most FCA vehicles because the button is soldered on a computer module circuit board.

Like the Taser it connects to the vehicle's CAN network and intercepts and reproduces the message from the ESS override button. Unlike the Taser it DOES NOT disable the Security Gateway Module.
Sponsored