Sponsored

SmartStartStop (ESS Disabler) available now

henkler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I signed up to be notified when this was released. Just got this email and ordered mine today.

My records indicate that you had requested notification of availability of an SmartStopStart device for the new '18 Jeep Wrangler JL.

I am delighted to announce that after extensive development and testing, we are now shipping production units.

The SmartStopStart module will add recall of your preference for disabling (or enabling) the Engine-Stop-Start feature automatically each time you start the vehicle without any warnings, without any faults and without any side effects.
Installation requires only a few moments to plug the module into two connectors under the dashboard. Installation instructions can be previewed here:
https://www.smartstopstart.com/uploads/8/0/2/8/8028029/website_2018_wrangler_jl_v1.0.pdf

The price of the unit is normally $149.95. We are currently offering it at $20 off (for a price of $129.95) with Free Priority Mail shipping.

To place your order, and for more information, including a FAQ, please click here: https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

If you have further questions or comments, please respond directly to this email or[email protected]

Thank you!

Steve Klonsky

https://www.smartstopstart.com/jeep-dodge-chrysler-products.html

https://www.smartstopstart.com/chevy-buick-cadillac-gmc-products.html
Sponsored

OP
OP

henkler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
You get no bang for your $ with this gadget.

To each their own. This looks like a completely reversible 60-second install to me.

Didn't know about the TazerJL being able to disable ESS, but I'm still happy with this route as it looks simpler and solves the problem.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
If that's all your after just disabling the ESS unplug the green wire on the main battery and your done. Free

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
I installed my SmartStop yesterday, and now I just need to learn not to press this stupid ESS button anymore :cwl:

It was a satisfying feeling to install it and rid myself of one of the stupidest, automotive ideas of “gas saving” ever.

- The area where the plug is located is tight, so you will need patience and a light to see the connectors.
- The plug’s tab is facing away from you (facing toward the firewall of the vehicle). The SmartStop has a connector identical to the one that you will remove, so you can familiarize yourself with the location of the release-tab.
- It is worth every penny.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
What a great idea , as soon as I get my 2019 JL I will be ordering one of these. Pulling a wire under the hood and having a warning light on the dash is stupid and not an option for me.

OP
OP

henkler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
- The area where the plug is located is tight, so you will need patience and a light to see the connectors.
Yes.

I popped out the panel below the steering wheel and it helped immensely. Hopefully, they update their installation guide to include this step in the future.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
emailed the company about the 2019 applications and they said they are 99% sure it’s the same as 18 but need to test it first. They were very helpful and responded quickly. This will be the first first mod on my 19 JL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Solidaxle

Indeed, the SmartStopStart plays well, lets say with both the 2018 and 2019 3.6 and 2.0 JL.

What a terrific little gadget the unit is. Install takes less then say 5 min. tops. Very easy to install for most anyone.

Today, I had a chance to really fool, lets say with my SmartSopStart...

Was in lots of stop and go traffic for much of the day.... so I did my best to try to get the SmartStopStart to hiccup.

No way could I get it to. It works flawlessly. Never stumbles. It remembers exactly what your last choice was ...as in ESS Off or ESS On. You just can't get it to hiccup as I said.

Reality is, FCA should have the JL set-up in way that mimics what the SmartStop Start does.

@SmartStopStart.com .... you have a terrific product!

I'm the type that quickly point out ... condemn a product offering that has shortcomings, does not live up to the manufacturer's claims, live up to the hype...

Well, I can speak no evil about your product.. It is a pleasure to have installed on my 2018JL Rubicon.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve had mine installed for a few days and it is working perfectly. One thing I like about it is that it remembers your last setting.
Sponsored