Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Blue
Back side.JPG
Connector Side.JPG
Exterior Smash.JPG
Anyone have some experience in finding a control board for the sway bar disconnect system. I smashed thru the front stock skid plate wheeling by hitting something hidden in the mud! Of course Jeep Engineers decided this should be a CAN device, so they can check state etc. and add auto re-engage features easily, but everything went haywire when it was smashed. Now that's not a huge surprise when you short a CAN bus, so I was unable to disconnect the electronics and throw the ends in a bag, tape them up and keep on driving. I definitely want to fix it, and add a lot more protection up front for wheeling. I could try to solder up the board as is by the looks of it but the top corner has few broken resistors and a cracked board, which probably means cracked traces.

So really I'm looking for a new control module with the plastic connector piece connected....Or worst case if someone is willing to share the CAN protocol & messages of this device I can fab up a new control board, but without a working system it's pretty hard to reverse engineer CAN messages! I drilled out the rivets for now and will thread and tap the holes and fab up a new connector if I can get just a board. I'm not interested in the old, hey get a manual one option either...I'm too lazy to have that as a long term fix! lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nordy

Nordy

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Blue

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hey!.. I know this is an old thread.. but I have been working on getting a smart sway bar from a Rubicon in my Sport..

There is a lot going on in this thread about CANBus hacking.. and somebody recently found the CANBus sway bar codes!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rnet-the-wranglers-can-bus.82139/post-1782181

I will be working on getting a ESP32 running at some point in the coming weeks in order to be able to control the sway bar...

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Life is so much easier to remove the motor and add an Evo no limits disconnect

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Life is so much easier to remove the motor and add an Evo no limits disconnect
I know!.. that is actually what I did with mine (well.. I fabricated my own from scrap parts because I am a cheap bastard) ... however... if you are a geek like me.. then you rejoice in getting to understand how these over-engineered pieces of off-roading equipment work and how to repurpose them.. 🤓 👍
Sponsored