plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Long story short I was pretty bored during this outbreak, so I CNC'ed out of a set of spring spacers by myself, it is actually quite easy but that can be another post. The spacers are exactly 1 inch for the front, and 0.5 inch for the rear.

Background: mine is an 18 JL unlimited Rubicon with stock suspension and 35, I have recently put on an aftermarket bumper and winch, so that is why I am looking to level my front end. Since this is a homebrew spacer, I don't have any other components like a commercial kit has. My question for people having similar spacer/lift:

1. Do you need new sway bar end links for 1 inch front lift? I don't see the needs unless my sway bar rotate too much.

2. Do you have to deal with rear e-brake cable bracket? Teraflex suggests discard them, but I don't know it is necessary for 0.5 inch lift.

3. Do you have to adjust track bar or drag link?
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I can't answer all your questions because I originally went with a larger spacer lift, but I can tell you that you will have to adjust your drag link. A 1" lift won't move the steering wheel too much but it will move it. As for your trackbar - unless you have replaced the stock trackbar with an adjustable one you can't adjust it. However with that little bit of lift your axles won't shift enough for it to be a worry unless you are ocd and can visually see that the drivers side tire will be sticking out a little bit further.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
oh, I can answer for the e-brake bracket also. Since you are using your stock shocks and not adding any additional travel you do not need to remove the bracket.

which goes the same for the sway bar end links, you are not adding any additional down travel so your stock ones will work.

so I was wrong, I guess I could give an answer for all your questions :CWL:
Sponsored