flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I own a 2-door Sport with HD electrical, and just looking for a small/cheap power inverter that I can plug into the rear outlet to power a laptop. According to the input data on the computer's power adapter, it pulls 360W (240V x 1.5A = 360W), so just curious if something like this might be a good solution:

Amazon.com: Kinverch 2000W Continuous/ 4000W Peak Power Inverter 3 AC Outlets 12V to 110V Car Converter with USB Port and Bluetooth APP Remote Control: Car Electronics

I don't need to power much more than the laptop, but at 750W, it would give me some extra margin for another small item. Most importantly, just want to ensure that I don't exceed the limitations of the rear power outlet, blow a fuse, or screw up my electrical system. I'm not an electrical genius, so appreciate any feedback or recommendations on a small, reliable, and relatively cheap solution. Many thanks.
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I own a 2-door Sport with HD electrical, and just looking for a small/cheap power inverter that I can plug into the rear outlet to power a laptop. According to the input data on the computer's power adapter, it pulls 360W (240V x 1.5A = 360W), so just curious if something like this might be a good solution:

Amazon.com: Kinverch 2000W Continuous/ 4000W Peak Power Inverter 3 AC Outlets 12V to 110V Car Converter with USB Port and Bluetooth APP Remote Control Car Electronics

I don't need to power much more than the laptop, but at 750W, it would give me some extra margin for another small item. Most importantly, just want to ensure that I don't exceed the limitations of the rear power outlet, blow a fuse, or screw up my electrical system. I'm not an electrical genius, so appreciate any feedback or recommendations on a small, reliable, and relatively cheap solution. Many thanks.
That inverter will be plenty. I have an older, smaller one that has powered laptops, sump pumps and more. Are you sure it's not 36W? I don't know of any 240v laptops. My HP is 45W for reference.

If you get the 2000/4000 it will power any household appliance that runs on 110. Coffee maker, fridge, etc. But the thickness of your power cable becomes the limiting factor at that point.

OP
OP
flyer92

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
That inverter will be plenty. I have an older, smaller one that has powered laptops, sump pumps and more. Are you sure it's not 36W? I don't know of any 240v laptops. My HP is 45W for reference.

If you get the 2000/4000 it will power any household appliance that runs on 110. Coffee maker, fridge, etc. But the thickness of your power cable becomes the limiting factor at that point.
Thanks for the feedback, although I'd be concerned about blowing the fuse for the rear power outlet.

I also thought 240w sounded high for the laptop, but I just did the calculations based on the input voltage and amps listed on the computer's power adapter. Perhaps I'm calculating it wrong?
Sponsored