small lift for 2021 JLUR

akajones

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 02 Mustang GT, 12 Volt, 22 CCSB F250
I currently have a 2018 JKU Sport. As soon as we got it we added a 3/4" lift to all 4 corners, and that little lift made it look much better. I've noticed the new JLURs seems to have a little bit of 'sag' in the rear. Has anyone added a 1/2" or 3/4" lift to just the rear of the Rubis to level them out? Or has anyone done a small lift like that for all 4 corners? Any pics? Thoughts? I don't want to lift it much more than an inch because I've got kiddos climbing in/out.

Ordering a JLUR today, and want to get my ducks in a row for when it actually arrives because this new Jeep will be ours for a solid 10 yrs. I want it just right.

We will do some off roading with it, but nothing crazy. Thanks for any help!!!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I currently have a 2018 JKU Sport. As soon as we got it we added a 3/4" lift to all 4 corners, and that little lift made it look much better. I've noticed the new JLURs seems to have a little bit of 'sag' in the rear. Has anyone added a 1/2" or 3/4" lift to just the rear of the Rubis to level them out? Or has anyone done a small lift like that for all 4 corners? Any pics? Thoughts? I don't want to lift it much more than an inch because I've got kiddos climbing in/out.

Ordering a JLUR today, and want to get my ducks in a row for when it actually arrives because this new Jeep will be ours for a solid 10 yrs. I want it just right.

We will do some off roading with it, but nothing crazy. Thanks for any help!!!
If they are unloaded, I’d bet it’s an illusion due to the higher fenders up front. Shrug

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
FWIW, my experience has been the front is .75" lower than the rear. Can't say with certainty that with all the options they ship from the factory that this will always hold true.

For example, my Jeep (with the Rubi springs) and a friends had two different spring numbers for both front and rear. Only difference was his had metal front and rear bumpers. Also, another Jeep with the Max tow package had even a higher number yet. My Jeep is .75" lower in the front, my friends JLUR set level for both the front and rear and the Max Tow was about .75" lower in the front.

My springs in the rear are from a 2021 JLUR with numbers 3589AA/3590AA (driver/pass), friends JLUR with metal bumpers 3590AA/3591AA, and the JLUR with max tow package had 3591AA/3592AA. The higher number springs are taller, and believe it is close to 1/2" per digit. However, the additional weight of the Jeep with these options compresses the spring.

Suggestion if I may. Wait until your Jeep arrives. Add the major options, if any, like metal bumpers, winch, roof rack, rear tire carrier, etc. Then look into a leveling kit. You can find, .5", .75" and 1" for both the front and rear spacers. You may find out you only need the front or the rear.

Enjoy your new Jeep.

OP
OP

akajones

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 02 Mustang GT, 12 Volt, 22 CCSB F250
FWIW, my experience has been the front is .75" lower than the rear. Can't say with certainty that with all the options they ship from the factory that this will always hold true.

For example, my Jeep (with the Rubi springs) and a friends had two different spring numbers for both front and rear. Only difference was his had metal front and rear bumpers. Also, another Jeep with the Max tow package had even a higher number yet. My Jeep is .75" lower in the front, my friends JLUR set level for both the front and rear and the Max Tow was about .75" lower in the front.

My springs in the rear are from a 2021 JLUR with numbers 3589AA/3590AA (driver/pass), friends JLUR with metal bumpers 3590AA/3591AA, and the JLUR with max tow package had 3591AA/3592AA. The higher number springs are taller, and believe it is close to 1/2" per digit. However, the additional weight of the Jeep with these options compresses the spring.

Suggestion if I may. Wait until your Jeep arrives. Add the major options, if any, like metal bumpers, winch, roof rack, rear tire carrier, etc. Then look into a leveling kit. You can find, .5", .75" and 1" for both the front and rear spacers. You may find out you only need the front or the rear.

Enjoy your new Jeep.

That is the basic plan at this point. We're gonna see what it looks like when it gets here, and go from there. Probably gonna be a 2 door teraflex leveling kit for our 4 door since I like how it has more lift in the back. Again, we'll see what it shows up like.
Sponsored