Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Got my oil changed and tires rotated, and now I have a weird sensation where it feels like Iā€™m driving over those lane departure warning bumps at slow speeds. And even more annoying, small bumps or dips, like through an intersection or into a parking lot, sound like Iā€™m bottoming out at anything above crawl speed.
I had the tires checked, said they were out of balance and rebalanced them. Bumps are still there at slower speeds and it still feels like Iā€™m bottoming out if I donā€™t drive like Iā€™m back in my lowered cars.
Lowering PSI to sub 35 helps the harshness of bumps and dips, but itā€™s still there. At or above 35 itā€™s like I have no suspension up front. Anything else I could check? Iā€™m about to just unrotate my tires.
You only felt this way after the tire rotation?
To me it was probably always there.
I can make the distinction after driving my courtesy car for a bit (an old Toyota Corolla), it definitely handles smaller speed bumps better than my Jeep in terms of smoothness. Especially if only one side of the wheels hit the bumps. Itā€™s just the boat-like properties of a solid axle vehicle, more body sways.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Got my oil changed and tires rotated, and now I have a weird sensation where it feels like Iā€™m driving over those lane departure warning bumps at slow speeds. And even more annoying, small bumps or dips, like through an intersection or into a parking lot, sound like Iā€™m bottoming out at anything above crawl speed.
I had the tires checked, said they were out of balance and rebalanced them. Bumps are still there at slower speeds and it still feels like Iā€™m bottoming out if I donā€™t drive like Iā€™m back in my lowered cars.
Lowering PSI to sub 35 helps the harshness of bumps and dips, but itā€™s still there. At or above 35 itā€™s like I have no suspension up front. Anything else I could check? Iā€™m about to just unrotate my tires.
Hello BigGreen,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern after your dealer visit. If you decide to continue working with your dealer, we would be more than happy to have this documented and escalate a case on your behalf for an additional layer of assistance while you work with your dealer. Let us know how you plan to proceed when you can.
Laura
JeepCares

french jeeper

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR2019,santana(suzuki)
Figured out the banging (engine skid mount) still tracking down the wobbling. Good thing about a full size spare is I can keep swapping around.

edit:
Tire was separating.
hello BigGreen I am from france and I think I have the same probleme as you.I have a JLUR from2019 and every little bump is like I hit a deep pothole on low profile tires .It's like Ihave no suspensions up front . My english is not so good and I dont understand the solution you explain can you tell me what you have done thanks a lot

french jeeper

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR2019,santana(suzuki)
Oui
My Rusty's Skidplate: (https://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-skid-plates/rustys-jl-wrangler-2l-complete-skid-package.html) made contact with the driveshaft. I removed the skid plate until I get a suspension lift.
Oui
My Rusty's Skidplate: (https://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-skid-plates/rustys-jl-wrangler-2l-complete-skid-package.html) made contact with the driveshaft. I removed the skid plate until I get a suspension lift.
thank you Big Green .i am going to have a look.Your color green mojito is very nice
Oui

french jeeper

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR2019,santana(suzuki)
thank you Big Green I am going to have a look.Your color green is the most beautiful Wrangler
Sponsored