Sponsored

Small body lift to run 37" tires with Mopar 2" lift?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Has anyone installed a body lift on a JL?

I already have the 2" Mopar lift, but am thinking I would like to go to 37" tires when my 35s wear out.

I'm curious if anyone else has done this, and your experiences with it. Good or bad idea? Are there noticeable gaps anywhere?
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed a body lift on a JL?

I already have the 2" Mopar lift, but am thinking I would like to go to 37" tires when my 35s wear out.

I'm curious if anyone else has done this, and your experiences with it. Good or bad idea? Are there noticeable gaps anywhere?
Have you thought of just adding some coil spacers? Assuming your shocks are long enough (or add some extensions), this would probably be the cheapest way to fit 37's and maybe even easier than a body lift. 37's may even fit with just a Mopar lift

I ran a 1.25" BL on my TJ Rubicon, but I needed to due to a motor mount lift and raised belly skid. It was pretty simple, but had to raise the fan shroud, clearance the console for the MT shifter, and monkey with the fuel inlet and hose. Not sure how much work is involved with the JL though.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
no modifications at all I have put a few on. It takes me about 25 to 45 minutes depending on mud, rust or debris on the bolts/places. Only noticeable gap is the rear bumper fender flare gap. Very simple to do.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Body lifts are more of a pre-JK thing. Use some spacers to add .5, .75 or another 1" of lift. You'll want to add adjustable front lowers to dial in caster and if you haven't already, plan to address front and rear track bars.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I think 37s will run just fine on a rubicon with a 2" lift

Sponsored

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
With the mopar lift, all you have to do to run 37's is... install 37's. You don't need anything further.

OP
OP
unsavory

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no modifications at all I have put a few on. It takes me about 25 to 45 minutes depending on mud, rust or debris on the bolts/places. Only noticeable gap is the rear bumper fender flare gap. Very simple to do.
Thank you, that's helpful. I'm not sure I'm going to do it yet, just evaluating my options in case I put the 37s on, and I am rubbing.

Body lifts are more of a pre-JK thing. Use some spacers to add .5, .75 or another 1" of lift. You'll want to add adjustable front lowers to dial in caster and if you haven't already, plan to address front and rear track bars.
I already have adjustable lowers and adjustable front and rear track bars. What are the downsides to running spacers with a lift? Anything I should be aware of?

With the mopar lift, all you have to do to run 37's is... install 37's. You don't need anything further.
Are you sure about that? It's the Mopar 2 inch lift, not the newer 3 inch lift. I've seen a bunch of people say that the 37s will rub with only 2 inches of lift.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Are you sure about that? It's the Mopar 2 inch lift, not the newer 3 inch lift. I've seen a bunch of people say that the 37s will rub with only 2 inches of lift.
I see tons and tons of JLs on here and the FB groups running mopar 2" and 37s with not much else if anything done. The mopar 2 is known to give a bit more than 2" anyway. Are you wheeling it?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
U have a Rubi, right? No lift needed for 35 and I’d think 37 with 2” should be good.

OP
OP
unsavory

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
U have a Rubi, right? No lift needed for 35 and I’d think 37 with 2” should be good.
Yes, it's a Rubicon with the 2" Mopar lift. I guess I can always try it out, and make further modifications if I run into rubbing issues. I'm already running 35s by the way.

Another somewhat related question. Will the stock wheel offset also work with 37s? I was hoping to use my stock wheels and run 12.5" wide 37s.

Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Plenty of people are running 12.5s on the stock wheels. That tire size is a little bigger than is recommended for that wheel but it works. You may have better performance under full flex if you run wheel spacers with that tire size. That is what im planning on doing.

OP
OP
unsavory

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of people are running 12.5s on the stock wheels. That tire size is a little bigger than is recommended for that wheel but it works. You may have better performance under full flex if you run wheel spacers with that tire size. That is what im planning on doing.
Yeah, I'm actually already running 35 inch 12.5s. I guess I was more wondering about rubbing issues with the stock wheel offset. Like whether or not the tires will rub at full steering lock positions.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I'm actually already running 35 inch 12.5s. I guess I was more wondering about rubbing issues with the stock wheel offset. Like whether or not the tires will rub at full steering lock positions.
Definitely higher chances of rubbing on lower control arms, sway links, and inner fenders when flexing. Steering stops on the knuckles can be adjusted out.

DayJ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL392XR
Running the Mopar 2" and 37's with no issues, minus not having 8th gear all the time. You will probably run into most rubbing issues with the stock wheels.