Slush mats drain hole plug?

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I saw somewhere around here that someone had a plug for the drain hole. Were my slush mats supposed to come with some kind of a cover for the hole? What I saw looked like a clear plastic cover kind of thing that fit right over the hole. I wish i could find it again to submit a picture.

Also, I have read that rain can splash up into the drain hole underneath the Jeep and soak into the carpet, I definitely don’t want mold or mildew growing underneath my carpet. I looked underneath my Jeep and I don’t see a drain hole. Has this been addressed in the 2020 JL’s?

8D0CC999-AC8E-4202-9915-A72F32EC7D2A.jpeg
Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
If you lift your mat up again you should notice that those holes in the carpet are cut (for the most part), but just require you to pull the cut oval piece of carpet out. At least that's how it was on mine, and underneath the carpet cut-out is the rubber plug.

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you lift your mat up again you should notice that those holes in the carpet are cut (for the most part), but just require you to pull the cut oval piece of carpet out. At least that's how it was on mine, and underneath the carpet cut-out is the rubber plug.
Oh yes it does thank you I did not know that!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

yup under the carpet is the drain plug. you be all good. jeep has them in which gives you the water depth of 30"

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So before a water crossing you’ll need to pull the plug, unsnap and lift the mat, and replug the floor pan. Really, I’d like to have two per side, one for the driver and one for the passenger just to keep the carpet dry. I guess it would stick up at least because of the little “funnel” that is supposed to protrude through the floor pan. I wonder if it’s doable.

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jennalee, did you ever purchase the floor mat plugs from @Jeeporama ?
I taped over it for the time being and forgot all about this lol. I completely forgot my floor mats had a hole in them. I taped it because I didn’t want debris going underneath to the carpet and was avoiding having to vacuum it out from time to time.

I was also worried about rain coming up through the plugs underneath the carpet, I read rain was soaking the carpets but my plugs feel pretty tight. Wonder if my 2020 has a revised version.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I taped over it for the time being and forgot all about this lol. I completely forgot my floor mats had a hole in them. I taped it because I didn’t want debris going underneath to the carpet and was avoiding having to vacuum it out from time to time.

I was also worried about rain coming up through the plugs underneath the carpet, I read rain was soaking the carpets but my plugs feel pretty tight. Wonder if my 2020 has a revised version.
Here’s a video showing my concern so everyone’s on the same page.

Sponsored

Johns19Rubicon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Has anyone driven in 30" of water at 5mph and had water enter their rig through the drain holes?

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I tossed out my 2 front Jeep mats and bought the latest Weather Tech mats. They are much better for me and don't snag the sole of my shoes like the Jeep ones did. Kept the Jeep ones for the rear seat area.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I tossed out my 2 front Jeep mats and bought the latest Weather Tech mats. They are much better for me and don't snag the sole of my shoes like the Jeep ones did. Kept the Jeep ones for the rear seat area.
I considered that too but I really like the mats. I think I’ll get extra plugs and try that first. 4 plugs for the front to keep the carpet dry. I might need to trim the funnel some to account for the plug I add to the floor pan.
Sponsored