Sponsored

Slow 0-60 times on 2018 JLUR?

Graywolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I recently bought a 2018 JLU rubicon, auto, 3.6L, 4.10, with 34.5" measured tires. I installed a tazer jl, adjusted the tire size (which now makes the odo match my gps speed) and did several 0-60 runs. I'm getting about 9.2 seconds.

From checking around, it seems i should be getting somewhere around 7 seconds. I do have some tools in the back but can't imagine it comes even close to the weight of a person, and I don't even have a roof rack on it yet. I checked the air filter and even ran it without for a couple runs and no difference. I bought it off the dealer so no way to talk to who owned it previously to see if anything was changed but there's nothing sitting in the OBDII.

Before I take it to the dealer, does this seem slow for my setup? I'm not getting any errors. It's quick off the line and almost chirps the tires but just takes a while to get to 60. I'm not looking to win drag races obviously but if there's something wrong, I wanna fix it.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here are real driver's and equipment test times. They are all over the place. My 2019 2 door w/o doors or top (so lighter than a JLUR and only 33" tires) are 7.5 on Torque Pro. Put 5 identical side by side and you'll get 5 different results. And test them different elevations, temp, humidity, driver and all will be different.
https://www.0-60specs.com/jeep/

OP
OP
Graywolf

Graywolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Here are real driver's and equipment test times. They are all over the place. My 2019 2 door w/o doors or top (so lighter than a JLUR and only 33" tires) are 7.5 on Torque Pro. Put 5 identical side by side and you'll get 5 different results. And test them different elevations, temp, humidity, driver and all will be different.
https://www.0-60specs.com/jeep/
Well that looks a bit more inline with what I'm seeing. They're showing 8s and 8.3s for the 2018 4d rubicon with what I'm assuming are stock tires. It's also 104 degrees here in phoenix. I'd bet then if I took out the tools and put on stock tires and ran it when it was 70 out that I'd probably be close to that.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Testing our 2019 jlur on 37's using the tazer, 7.6s is about the average with ~200lbs worth of tools, recovery gear, compressor in the back. 7.54s being the best, 7.8 being the worst of about 10 runs. That was with a little brake torquing to build boost. We shall see how much the superchips 93 octane tune plus performance tcm tune make this weekend. Testing was done at about 80⁰ and ~100' elevation.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I took my M3 to the local off-road park a while back. Lowered 1.5”, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilover suspension, Eisenmann race exhaust, Dinan tuned. I know that it should be able to do better, but I can’t do anything besides the green trails. I keep getting stuck on the blues and don’t get me started on the red ones. What do you think is wrong? Some of the guys out there said the driver is the problem, but I think it’s the car. :)

Oh, but my 0-60 is low 4’s.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I took my M3 to the local off-road park a while back. Lowered 1.5”, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Bilstein coilover suspension, Eisenmann race exhaust, Dinan tuned. I know that it should be able to do better, but I can’t do anything besides the green trails. I keep getting stuck on the blues and don’t get me started on the red ones. What do you think is wrong? Some of the guys out there said the driver is the problem, but I think it’s the car. :)

Oh, but my 0-60 is low 4’s.
The seat of the pants dyno is misleading, the only reason I was checking the 0-60 was to have something to measure the tune against. No I don't plan on drag racing the jeep. Mostly bought the tuner for its removal of torque limiting in 4lo, but unlike the m3 on the trail, we all go stop light to stop light every day? I like quantitative results.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just breaking OPs balls a little. All in good fun. I’m way too old to be racing anyone on the street. There’s a drag strip 4 miles from my house for that sort of fun. 🏎

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I recently bought a 2018 JLU rubicon, auto, 3.6L, 4.10, with 34.5" measured tires. I installed a tazer jl, adjusted the tire size (which now makes the odo match my gps speed) and did several 0-60 runs. I'm getting about 9.2 seconds.

From checking around, it seems i should be getting somewhere around 7 seconds. I do have some tools in the back but can't imagine it comes even close to the weight of a person, and I don't even have a roof rack on it yet. I checked the air filter and even ran it without for a couple runs and no difference. I bought it off the dealer so no way to talk to who owned it previously to see if anything was changed but there's nothing sitting in the OBDII.

Before I take it to the dealer, does this seem slow for my setup? I'm not getting any errors. It's quick off the line and almost chirps the tires but just takes a while to get to 60. I'm not looking to win drag races obviously but if there's something wrong, I wanna fix it.
Is a 3.6, you are talking 2.0 turbo numbers there at 7 seconds.
Sponsored