Sponsored

Slight hiccup in 3rd gear, morning time (not wormed up).

Srdjan

First Name
Srdjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2 DOOR
Someone, please tell should I be worried.

I have 2020 60k KM 3.6l JL.

Actually, I have a few questions as it is my first jeep as well as a 4wd car so I have no experience with the same.

1. I noticed a slight clunk in the rear diff when started moving from a traffic light, parking, etc, but not always only if I want to do it very slowly

At the dealer shop, they told me it is normal

2. When slowing down and the car is shifting from 3rd to 2nd gear I can feel small like a shiver or vibrant, (followed by a clunk in rear diff when shifted to 2nd gear and then to 1st) this is not happening if I brake a little bit harder, slowing down faster then it is not noticeable.

They told that they have many complaints about the same problem (shifting between 2-3, or 3-4 and the opposite) but till now they didn't found what is the problem and that is even much worse with some cars compared with mine. The dealer contacted Jeep but they also don't have the answer.

3. Latest thing I noticed is sometime in 3rd gear while driving on low rpm 2000 - 2500 car hiccup once. Not sure but I think also that is happening only in the morning when the transmission and engine are not wormed up completely.

I didn't ask yet the dealer workshop about it.

Due to this, I decided to go for an extended warranty.

Thanks to everyone for the answers in advance!
Sponsored