LUV2JEEP

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
May try that first and then drive to see how it feels. Don’t do 80 on the freeway though :)
I have to take it in for alignment anyway so I'll let them look it over.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm going to see if I slice any more KO2s between now and Labor day. If I do I'm probably going to buy a set of STT Pros at 15% off at DT. They had that sale last year.
We have a lot of sharp rocks here in KY. Jeep shop said they have yet to see a Falken tire come in for repair or replacement under warranty (which is a no-questions asked, replace if they cant fix). If that’s worth anything.

OP
OP
LUV2JEEP

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Got an update. Shop looked through everything and couldn't find anything bent. They did say the camber was out of spec by 0.5 degrees on passenger side. Not sure that is enough to matter. I told them to go ahead and see if they could find an eccentric bearing to correct it. They also said the passenger side axle was sitting back 0.5". Nothing is bent and the control arms are exactly the same length side to side so I guess the brackets from the factory are not perfect. He's correcting that with the adjustable control arms. So basically they could not figure out why the steering wheel is 120 degrees out of center. I wonder if something in the steering box could be bent enough to cause this??? Also the knuckle could be bent but he said it didn't look that way, but there really isn't any way to measure it.

Not really sure if I should do anything else besides eccentric bushing, move axle forward 1/2" on passenger side and alignment.

Last edited:

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Got an update. Shop looked through everything and couldn't find anything bent. They did say the camber was out of spec by 0.5 degrees on passenger side. Not sure that is enough to matter. I told them to go ahead and see if they could find an eccentric bearing to correct it. They also said the passenger side axle was sitting back 0.5". Nothing is bent and the control arms are exactly the same length side to side so I guess the brackets from the factory are not perfect. He's correcting that with the adjustable control arms. So basically they could figure out why the steering wheel is 120 degrees out of center. I wonder if something in the steering box could be bent enough to cause this??? Also the knuckle could be bent but he said it didn't look that way, but there really isn't any way to measure it.

Not really sure if I should do anything else besides eccentric bushing, move axle forward 1/2" on passenger side and alignment.
How much has this run ya so far, aside from cost of tires

OP
OP
LUV2JEEP

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
How much has this run ya so far, aside from cost of tires
1. Tow to RV free
2. Tow back to Tulsa free, but I gave my friend $200
3. 2 replacement tires about $100 after prorated manufacturers warranty
4. Offroad shop..... Not sure yet.... You could argue alignment is all that's needed so $80

So all in all not bad. It's just the frustration dealing with USAA Roadside assistance, loosing a day of riding, dealing with DT and having Jeep up on blocks for a week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LUV2JEEP

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Took the KO2s back out to Arkansas and rode for about 300 miles. Every rock and log edge made me nervous in terms of puncturing or debeading but tires did good on nonbeadlocks at 15psi. I kept my eyes on the tire pressure screen most of the time. I did notice the pressure in one of the tires very slowly dropping and pulled over to look.......Guess I snagged a branch. I even had a second set of eyes watching this trip from the passenger's seat. He admitted is was difficult to catch everything. Obviously we both missed whatever snagged this tire. I deflatted the tire, popped the chunk of wood out with a screwdriver and reseated it.

IMG_4772[1].jpg

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Took the KO2s back out to Arkansas and rode for about 300 miles. Every rock and log edge made me nervous in terms of puncturing or debeading but tires did good on nonbeadlocks at 15psi. I kept my eyes on the tire pressure screen most of the time. I did notice the pressure in one of the tires very slowly dropping and pulled over to look.......Guess I snagged a branch. I even had a second set of eyes watching this trip from the passenger's seat. He admitted is was difficult to catch everything. Obviously we both missed whatever snagged this tire. I deflatted the tire, popped the chunk of wood out with a screwdriver and reseated it.
I didn't realize until I saw your picture that BF Goodrich has gotten rid of the rim protector on the A/T KO2. What a horrible decision.
Sponsored