OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! They finally got around to making one. That’s who I had asked if they had plans but they said no so I ended up making my own. Looks cool and easy to store. That said, I’ve really liked the thickness of the one I made. I’ve got a good 20-30 nights in it now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
looks good.. how tall are you? is anyone sleeping in theirs over 6’1”?
I’m 6’0”. I just got back from three nights in it. Had most gear in the front seats with my Yeti in the back. I’ve also slept in it with my wife twice. She’s 5’3”. We definitely needed to spoon with bent knees but still cozy. Yeti went outside for that.

hellayellaJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara in Hella Yella
Looks like I can get a Twin XL size 5" memory foam that is 38" x 79" for $79 w/cover. According to https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ons-measurements-cargo-trunk-rear-seats.2258/, the width between the wheel wells is 40.25" (so that would be 1 inch gap on each side) and 74" long. I'm assuming the extra 5" in length can be bent down in the gap between the front seats and the floor. Here is the link to the 5" memory foam: https://www.amazon.com/Linenspa-Inch-Memory-Foam-Mattress/dp/B01M5DJ3P7 Thoughts?
I just ordered the regular twin mattress size (39x75) for $75 and the mesh window netting for my camping trip to the Smoky Mountains next month. Thanks for the links!

Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Man I guess my standards are pretty low when it comes to a set up for sleep. I did this for 3 nights in a row and I'd do it longer if needed.
My standards are just as low ;)

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
NOPE, when I camp in the BOONIES--I want security/comfort and ROOM !

If you're in the tent and a BEAR KNOCKS---you just jump in the back of the UNLIMITED and lockup--if it's real bad--DRIVE AWAY-

Course, now that I have a 2dr, it'll be a little TOUGHER-
Sawmillllakejune12020-1.jpg

Nice MATTRESS setup rottenlv--

I also have a trailer/w RTT, however BEARS can climb--as I found out-

[
maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20029_zpsyx2rn7ug.jpg

It's OK, but you gotta choose the right time of the year to use it-

JIMBO

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
They sure can climb, a RTT isn't likely going to solve a problem like this.

#mlharford

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4-door, white with black hardtop
I have a hammock that I received from my Crate Club subscription. It's a 'Lawson' style (it has a bar that spreads out the support lines). It came with two very sturdy straps (intended to go around a tree or something sturdy like that). Basically, it didn't work. It's too long for the Jeep JL. But I really think the hammock idea is a winner. I could secure it to the rear-most rollcage support beam, then out the rear of the vehicle, then to a tree; then just slowly drive forward to the desired tautness/hammock-height.Anyway, that's what I came up with, after being disappointed that my hammock won't fit inside the Jeep (passenger-side beam diagonally to the driver-side rear rollcage support beam. Once I figure it out, I'll post a pic and share...

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely not. If I can't fit a navy standard issue tiny rack mattress in the back, I can't sleep there. Tents though, work fine.
I slept on the ground in the Marines.

Sleeping in the back of a Jeep Wrangler is like a 5-star resort I’d imagine.