Sponsored

Slave labor feeler thread

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Ok guys... Here's the deal. I plan on getting a lift in the not so distant future. I have done many mods but sometimes, as you know, bad sh!t happens. I need to know if one of you guys has some basic knowledge putting on lifts and wants to help me out installing one. I may be able to get a lift and use the Auto Hobby shop in Ft. Dix (so you cant be a felon if we go that route). later a few thank you drinks and bar food... no set time/date yet, just looking to see who's willing to do so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If I was closer, I would help. Michigan is a long ways from New Jersey. While I know a lot of felons, I am not one. Lol.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I was closer, I would help. Michigan is a long ways from New Jersey. While I know a lot of felons, I am not one. Lol.
Thanks brother. We used to do stuff like this on another forum.. bunch of us get together and do massive driveway install parties. Drops, atx/engine builds, exhausts, etc. Good times.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Ok guys... Here's the deal. I plan on getting a lift in the not so distant future. I have done many mods but sometimes, as you know, bad sh!t happens. I need to know if one of you guys has some basic knowledge putting on lifts and wants to help me out installing one. I may be able to get a lift and use the Auto Hobby shop in Ft. Dix (so you cant be a felon if we go that route). later a few thank you drinks and bar food... no set time/date yet, just looking to see who's willing to do so.
The Auto Hobby Shop would be a great resource. Lifts! I considered that option but re-certifying, having my 71 year old Dad wait on me to finish everything (He’s the retiree.) and time constraints there I opted for the garage floor yet again. It sucks.

I’d help but I’m in Kentucky.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Auto Hobby Shop would be a great resource. Lifts! I considered that option but re-certifying, having my 71 year old Dad wait on me to finish everything (He’s the retiree.) and time constraints there I opted for the garage floor yet again. It sucks.

I’d help but I’m in Kentucky.
Bet ya wish you could keep that dependent card for situations like this, right? Lol. I freaking love auto hobby. I can't imagine how much money a civilian version would make.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Bet ya wish you could keep that dependent card for situations like this, right? Lol. I freaking love auto hobby. I can't imagine how much money a civilian version would make.
Oh hell yeah. If they’d open it up to veterans I’d be golden. I tried to find a civilian shop that rented lift bays to no avail.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
My buddy and I just did mine in the garage on jack stands. Getting the base shop will be a lot better.

what all is going in?

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My buddy and I just did mine in the garage on jack stands. Getting the base shop will be a lot better.

what all is going in?
Springs, shocks, LCAs, drive shaft, bump stops, track bar I guess

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Damn, wish I were closer. My first 16 weeks in the Army were at Ft Dix (1958). I worked part time at the Auto Crafts Shop at Ft Shafter in Hawaii during the three years I was stationed there. Love to see Dix again. And help a fellow Wrangler-er.

On my western trip this coming summer one of my stops is going to be the RV Campground at Fort Knox, KY. I plan on visiting the US Army Armor Museum and using the Craft Shop to change my oil and check the Wrangler out while there. Being retired Army has lots of bennies:)

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, wish I were closer. My first 16 weeks in the Army were at Ft Dix (1958). I worked part time at the Auto Crafts Shop at Ft Shafter in Hawaii during the three years I was stationed there. Love to see Dix again. And help a fellow Wrangler-er.

On my western trip this coming summer one of my stops is going to be the RV Campground at Fort Knox, KY. I plan on visiting the US Army Armor Museum and using the Craft Shop to change my oil and check the Wrangler out while there. Being retired Army has lots of bennies:)
Awesome brother, sounds like a nice trip. I did PLDC in FT Dix. Maybe we'll meet up one day

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Springs, shocks, LCAs, drive shaft, bump stops, track bar I guess
i might be able to help out. Im working with a tuning company to have my KTM be their development vehicle. If i end up making the drive it’ll go right by and Ill let you know. Unknown time at this point.

i havent personally done a drive shaft replacement but ive done everything else. As long as you have or know what right looks like on the driveshaft, im plenty mechanically inclined enough to help; i just wont make a “read web, watch youtube, full send” first attempt on someone else’s truck Unless youre willing to own the outcome.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i might be able to help out. Im working with a tuning company to have my KTM be their development vehicle. If i end up making the drive it’ll go right by and Ill let you know. Unknown time at this point.

i havent personally done a drive shaft replacement but ive done everything else. As long as you have or know what right looks like on the driveshaft, im plenty mechanically inclined enough to help; i just wont make a “read web, watch youtube, full send” first attempt on someone else’s truck Unless youre willing to own the outcome.
That isnt hard... I had to remove and reinstall one from my Ram 1500 when I installed a 6" lift. I'm not even sure if it is possible to f@ck that up. Thanks! let's keep each other informed

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
if you don't get any seasoned help i'd be in for helping and back up. i'm sure between 2 brains, youtube and a 12 pack of beers anything can be figured out.

i'll probably need the favor returned some day tho.. just so ya know up front :P

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you don't get any seasoned help i'd be in for helping and back up. i'm sure between 2 brains, youtube and a 12 pack of beers anything can be figured out.

i'll probably need the favor returned some day tho.. just so ya know up front :P
Sold! Lol.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Sounds good. I'm up in Bridgewater. Give me a little heads up so I can see if I can clear a day on a weekend for you. Feel free to PM.
Sponsored