millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@BluJay I know its only been a few weeks but are you still liking the goodyear's? I am torn between those and the BFG KO2's. The KO2's are 10lbs heavier and a D rated tire, so will be stiffer and add about 50lbs to the wheels over the stock tires. I have only run C rated before. Decisions, decisions and it isn't even here yet :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Sahara
@BluJay I know its only been a few weeks but are you still liking the goodyear's? I am torn between those and the BFG KO2's. The KO2's are 10lbs heavier and a D rated tire, so will be stiffer and add about 50lbs to the wheels over the stock tires. I have only run C rated before. Decisions, decisions and it isn't even here yet :)
So far all of my thoughts have just further solidified my positive experience. Would highly recommend them! I also like how it made little to no impact to my all electric range as well. Still averaging about 25 miles on a full charge, and that loose drifting feel on the highway and at decent city speeds has significantly lessened. Those were the two things I was most concerned about along with getting a more aggressive tred and all around better tire. 5-Stars!

McKinneySD

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Thank you so much for posting your pics.

This matches exactly what I have been looking for. They look great. The pictures really don't do them justice. Just drove home from Discount Tire with the windows down and didn't hear any difference from the stock Duelers.
20210630_163526.jpg

I also like that they don't stick out from the fenders.

20210630_163451.jpg

Looks beefier, and adds just a hint of extra height.

With only an extra inch and only 5 more pounds, I expect minimal impact on MPG.

I know it needs a bath, but a decent chance of rain almost every day for the next week and a half.
In Texas. In July. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I need to start my build log now. So far, I have only done a few little things.
Looks killer!!! Did Discount Tire give you any offer for the stock tires? Did you sell them on FB marketplace or craigslist? and if so did you get a good price? I'm looking to do exactly this same tire upgrade. My tires only have about 300 miles on them. Would be nice to offset the cost of the new ones by selling the stock.

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Sahara
Looks killer!!! Did Discount Tire give you any offer for the stock tires? Did you sell them on FB marketplace or craigslist? and if so did you get a good price? I'm looking to do exactly this same tire upgrade. My tires only have about 300 miles on them. Would be nice to offset the cost of the new ones by selling the stock.
Discount tire actually gave me $100 per tire for the remaining tires I had, which really made the whole thing make sense for me. If not for that, I was kinda on the fence. Hope that helps!

Sponsored

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Occupation
Software
After driving on them for a little while, I am very happy with these tires.
They really help the Jeep look. They ride great. I don't hear any additional noise, even with the doors and top off. I haven't seen any reduction in my MPG's or electric range.

I traded in my stock tires to Discount Tire, but not for as much as BluJay got. I did get discounts for the Certificate and for using their Credit Card, so was happy with my deal.

If you have a way to transport them after they are changed, you might check with a couple of used tire dealers in your area before you go to get them changed. I had planned to do that, but when I stopped in to discuss, I was happy with the deal that we got to along with the reduced hassle. So I don't know what a used tire place would have given me.

eddified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla, Ford Transit 350
After a nail in one of my tires and blowing out another yesterday on a chunk of concrete in the middle of the road I decided to just upgrade all my tires rather than replace the two stock ones. Went with some Goodyear Wrangler Ultra Terrain A/T 33's on my stock 20" rims. Size is 275/60 R20. I have to say... The ride feels like it might actually be smoother than the stock tires. Also, I have little to no vibration, added a little height, and they look amazing. Got 'em for $1200 out the door with a sick replacement warranty included on all 5 for 70k Miles/10 Years. Would highly recommend so far!

tempImagen4y5F5.png

tempImagesVbpL6.png

tempImageYQozTa.png
Thanks for posting the pics. This is great to see! There is some great discussion on this thread, thanks OP!

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
I think wifeys 4xe HA might need these. Much more Jeep like look than the stock tires.

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I really love the look of these. My wife has Falken Wildpeaks AT3s on her 4Runner and I have had it balanced 6 times and it still shimmy’s at 55, I blame the tires so I won’t go with those again. I ran nitto terra grappler g2s on my Grand Cherokee and loved those but these give the truck a great look and for relatively low cost.

What is everyone’s verdict on the road noise? This will be my first wrangler and I’m definitely nervous about the road noise aspect to begin with, I don’t want to make it worse. I ordered the hard top with the mopar headliner.

Sponsored

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Your tires look great!
On my JK, I used a p-rated Bridgestone revo 3 AT. Looked great and I did it for the ride quality and look. I think P rated tires tend to have best ride but I am not certain. I tried some nitto ridge grapplers once and thought they were too harsh a ride.
Might be worth looking at these as well.
I just blew a stock tire at like 450 miles….hit something in the road and it busted ride through the thread section. I thought that seemed pretty weak. At this point I will replace with a stock tire. It I get another blow out, then I will upgrade to these tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! 60383DDD-2266-4C73-A179-DC043B9F5EFC

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Your tires look great!
On my JK, I used a p-rated Bridgestone revo 3 AT. Looked great and I did it for the ride quality and look. I think P rated tires tend to have best ride but I am not certain. I tried some nitto ridge grapplers once and thought they were too harsh a ride.
Might be worth looking at these as well.
I just blew a stock tire at like 450 miles….hit something in the road and it busted ride through the thread section. I thought that seemed pretty weak. At this point I will replace with a stock tire. It I get another blow out, then I will upgrade to these tires.
Ugh, I never had issues with flats on my 17 rims on my jks. But my old accord on low profile tires had issues eat least once a year. Was it through the tread or the gaps in the tread?

KJJeepz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I really love the look of these. My wife has Falken Wildpeaks AT3s on her 4Runner and I have had it balanced 6 times and it still shimmy’s at 55, I blame the tires so I won’t go with those again. I ran nitto terra grappler g2s on my Grand Cherokee and loved those but these give the truck a great look and for relatively low cost.

What is everyone’s verdict on the road noise? This will be my first wrangler and I’m definitely nervous about the road noise aspect to begin with, I don’t want to make it worse. I ordered the hard top with the mopar headliner.
I have Toyo Open Country R/T and those balanced very well. For the aggressiveness of the tread, they are quiet. Saying that, compared to the stock touring tires there is a slight difference. Not a humming noise, but more of the white noise that every tire makes rolling along the pavement. They are NOT loud by any means. I went with a wider tire (12.5" vs. 10.8" stock) , so there is more rubber touching the road. At highway speeds the wind noise of a brick shaped vehicle pushing down the freeway overpowers tire related noises. Hope this helps. :like:

spockvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have Toyo Open Country R/T and those balanced very well. For the aggressiveness of the tread, they are quiet. Saying that, compared to the stock touring tires there is a slight difference. Not a humming noise, but more of the white noise that every tire makes rolling along the pavement. They are NOT loud by any means. I went with a wider tire (12.5" vs. 10.8" stock) , so there is more rubber touching the road. At highway speeds the wind noise of a brick shaped vehicle pushing down the freeway overpowers tire related noises. Hope this helps. :like:
I went with 305/55 on the factory 20’s :rock:
Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! 60383DDD-2266-4C73-A179-DC043B9F5EFC
And these photos are not helping me to talk myself out of doing same......... :)

spockvr6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks to the looks of your Jeep, I ended up with a similar tire (Toyo Open Country Extreme A/T II in 33x12.5x20) and they fit and look great. They are almost perfectly flush with the fender (which is what I was aiming for).

93AC7214-E134-49CB-A3EC-0AA5C31A45C7.jpeg

56B13025-4795-4ABA-9FB7-74D6C9FC5C82.jpeg

C935BFCF-A98C-45A2-9ABA-EC092F310178.jpeg

0BC2E630-7BC6-4F22-9555-2D1DD79D03E4.jpeg
Sponsored