BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Sahara
Not really on point,but do you have tint on front windows or is that stock…looks darker than mine
Yes. I took it to a tint shop and asked them to match the factory tint which is 15%.
Sponsored

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Yes. I took it to a tint shop and asked them to match the factory tint which is 15%.
Appreciate the respons…illegal to put any tint on front windows in NJ, but if I could, I’d go with your look

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I put these on my 4xe Sahara: PATHFINDER AT 275 /60 R20 115T. I had them on my Ram 1500 hundred and only had about 4k miles on them. I had them swap at time of purchase. These are right about 33" and its perfect for me. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually love the 20"4xe rims. The stock tire seems so out of place on a jeep though.
I am with you, have a 4xe Sahara on order and plan on keeping the stock rims. I have built a number of jeeps over the years and this one is more of a "pavement princess" for the wife. Really torn on swapping out the tires to some BFG KO2's or other more agressive/better tread. $1500 decision... hmmm

RNLROCK

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4XE Sahara
Love the look!

Have there been any issues with the 4XE by going a little bigger with the tires?

I definitely want to replace the Duelers very soon with an A/T tire.

Thanks.
Rich

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the look!

Have there been any issues with the 4XE by going a little bigger with the tires?

I definitely want to replace the Duelers very soon with an A/T tire.

Thanks.
Rich
Zero issues, no noticeable reduction in all-electric range, smoother ride, less drift from side to side, and a better overall look.

Would HIGHLY recommend the upgrade! I love these tires.

Sponsored

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Occupation
Software
Thank you so much for posting your pics.

This matches exactly what I have been looking for. They look great. The pictures really don't do them justice. Just drove home from Discount Tire with the windows down and didn't hear any difference from the stock Duelers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! 20210630_163526

I also like that they don't stick out from the fenders.

Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! 20210630_163451

Looks beefier, and adds just a hint of extra height.

With only an extra inch and only 5 more pounds, I expect minimal impact on MPG.

I know it needs a bath, but a decent chance of rain almost every day for the next week and a half.
In Texas. In July. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I need to start my build log now. So far, I have only done a few little things.

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for posting your pics.

This matches exactly what I have been looking for. They look great. The pictures really don't do them justice. Just drove home from Discount Tire with the windows down and didn't hear any difference from the stock Duelers.

I also like that they don't stick out from the fenders.

Looks beefier, and adds just a hint of extra height.

With only an extra inch and only 5 more pounds, I expect minimal impact on MPG.

I know it needs a bath, but a decent chance of rain almost every day for the next week and a half.
In Texas. In July. 🤷‍♂️

I guess I need to start my build log now. So far, I have only done a few little things.
Thats awesome!!! I actually picked mine up at Discount Tire as well. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have mine! Also, their tire warranty is LEGIT.

Hydro willy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl unlimited willys
I like these tires a lot after going to a 33 do u wish u woulda went 285/65x20 the 285 is only an 1.5 taller than what u got and a total of 2.5 from stock does it look like there would be room for 285 with out lift if I dont plan to do much off road since these Jeep’s sit 1 inch taller than non 4xe I just have a hard justifying only going up an inch for 1500 bucks

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like these tires a lot after going to a 33 do u wish u woulda went 285/65x20 the 285 is only an 1.5 taller than what u got and a total of 2.5 from stock does it look like there would be room for 285 with out lift if I dont plan to do much off road since these Jeep’s sit 1 inch taller than non 4xe I just have a hard justifying only going up an inch for 1500 bucks
The reason I didn't make the jump to 35s is because I was told by the guy at Discount Tire that I would need at least a 1.5" lift to prevent rubbing and I've also read conflicting reports of being able to use 35s at stock height. I was in a bit of a bind and needed tires ASAP considering I had one blown, and another with a nail in it so I just went with 33s without a lift, and I'm very happy with the purchase!

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
I stayed with the 275 because I prefer the tucked in look, and it hopefully reduces the chance of throwing gravel and such up on the paint.

The 275/65r20 is a lot more tire, but it is much more expensive, a good bit heavier, and added one inch in diameter over the /60. I don't expect to be doing harsh enough off-road to justify the additional expense and the chance of reducing on-road acceleration and mpg.

Overall, I think the 275/60 is a great compromise for my situation.

Sponsored

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
So could I put any 275/60 R20 on my 4xe Saraha with no problems?

I'm thinking of Firestone Destination A/T2 - Size: P275/60R20

Phantasos

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software
So could I put any 275/60 R20 on my 4xe Saraha with no problems?

I'm thinking of Firestone Destination A/T2 - Size: P275/60R20
Yes, any 275/60r20 should work fine. It looks like there is room to go to a 275/65r20, but I haven't tried that myself.

Check the specs for the particular tire (I use Discount Tire's site). The ones you listed have an overall diameter of 33 inches, which is the same size as the ones I got. They should work, particularly if you keep the same wheel, so the offset isn't changed.

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I am with you, have a 4xe Sahara on order and plan on keeping the stock rims. I have built a number of jeeps over the years and this one is more of a "pavement princess" for the wife. Really torn on swapping out the tires to some BFG KO2's or other more agressive/better tread. $1500 decision... hmmm
You'll probably want to spring for the new tires. I just don't understand why they went with such a low profile tire for a jeep. The stock tires just seem so out of place, even for a jeep that will never get off pavement.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You'll probably want to spring for the new tires. I just don't understand why they went with such a low profile tire for a jeep. The stock tires just seem so out of place, even for a jeep that will never get off pavement.
Yep, decision has been made. I just can’t in good conscience have those car tires on a Jeep. KO2’s here we come.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
After a nail in one of my tires and blowing out another yesterday on a chunk of concrete in the middle of the road I decided to just upgrade all my tires rather than replace the two stock ones. Went with some Goodyear Wrangler Ultra Terrain A/T 33's on my stock 20" rims. Size is 275/60 R20. I have to say... The ride feels like it might actually be smoother than the stock tires. Also, I have little to no vibration, added a little height, and they look amazing. Got 'em for $1200 out the door with a sick replacement warranty included on all 5 for 70k Miles/10 Years. Would highly recommend so far!

My ride improved a lot when I added M/T falkens 33 to my sport. Huge difference.
Sponsored