Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara!

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Sahara
After a nail in one of my tires and blowing out another yesterday on a chunk of concrete in the middle of the road I decided to just upgrade all my tires rather than replace the two stock ones. Went with some Goodyear Wrangler Ultra Terrain A/T 33's on my stock 20" rims. Size is 275/60 R20. I have to say... The ride feels like it might actually be smoother than the stock tires. Also, I have little to no vibration, added a little height, and they look amazing. Got 'em for $1200 out the door with a sick replacement warranty included on all 5 for 70k Miles/10 Years. Would highly recommend so far!

Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! tempImagen4y5F5

Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! tempImagesVbpL6

Jeep Wrangler JL Slapped 33's on my 4xe Sahara! tempImageYQozTa
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeffsw10

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Looks great, thinking of doing the same to my Sahara.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
How did the Jeep handle with the blow out?

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Looks a lot better. A couple random thoughts: 1) I wish Jeep offered more flexibility with tire / wheel combinations from the factory. I cringe when I see street tires on a Jeep. 2) I'm the kind of weirdo that looks for anything interesting in the background of photos. Your first one in this post made me think of the Roy game from Rick & Morty.

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did the Jeep handle with the blow out?
Honestly, good at first. I'm not proud to admit that after I lost tire pressure completely I drove for maybe another 100 feet to get it into a parking lot. Luckily no rim damage, but it felt so sketch and I could barely steer.

Looks a lot better. A couple random thoughts: 1) I wish Jeep offered more flexibility with tire / wheel combinations from the factory. I cringe when I see street tires on a Jeep. 2) I'm the kind of weirdo that looks for anything interesting in the background of photos. Your first one in this post made me think of the Roy game from Rick & Morty.
Ha! My wife and I actually just finished watching through all of the seasons that are on Hulu and it was hilarious.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Nice!

How's the road noise? I mean, our 4xe isn't a long haul vehicle, so it's probably not a big deal, but I've heard some NOISY tires that were more attenuated to offroad (the marketing spin on these is that they ARE quiet)

OP
OP
BluJay

BluJay

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice!

How's the road noise? I mean, our 4xe isn't a long haul vehicle, so it's probably not a big deal, but I've heard some NOISY tires that were more attenuated to offroad (the marketing spin on these is that they ARE quiet)
I’d say there is a slight noticeable difference because my stock tires had a very mild tread pattern but it’s really not that bad at all. In my opinion, what little sounds I do hear just melds together with the small amount of wind noise from the hard top and the fact that our Jeeps have the aerodynamics of a toaster. Haha

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Those are great tires, I have the 35" version and they are quite on the highway and have good traction in the dirt and snow. :like:

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I’d say there is a slight noticeable difference because my stock tires had a very mild tread pattern but it’s really not that bad at all. In my opinion, what little sounds I do hear just melds together with the small amount of wind noise from the hard top and the fact that our Jeeps have the aerodynamics of a toaster. Haha
That's not fair to my toaster.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
After a nail in one of my tires and blowing out another yesterday on a chunk of concrete in the middle of the road I decided to just upgrade all my tires rather than replace the two stock ones. Went with some Goodyear Wrangler Ultra Terrain A/T 33's on my stock 20" rims. Size is 275/60 R20. I have to say... The ride feels like it might actually be smoother than the stock tires. Also, I have little to no vibration, added a little height, and they look amazing. Got 'em for $1200 out the door with a sick replacement warranty included on all 5 for 70k Miles/10 Years. Would highly recommend so far!

The new tires look much beefier than the stock ones in the first pic, but the side by side in the last pic shows that it’s the more aggressive tread that makes the biggest difference. Nice buy!

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
The new tires look much beefier than the stock ones in the first pic, but the side by side in the last pic shows that it’s the more aggressive tread that makes the biggest difference. Nice buy!
They should be about an inch taller and about the same width. Definitely the tread making the biggest difference.

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I put these on my 4xe Sahara: PATHFINDER AT 275 /60 R20 115T. I had them on my Ram 1500 hundred and only had about 4k miles on them. I had them swap at time of purchase. These are right about 33" and its perfect for me. I know I'm in the minority, but I actually love the 20"4xe rims. The stock tire seems so out of place on a jeep though.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
2) I'm the kind of weirdo that looks for anything interesting in the background of photos. Your first one in this post made me think of the Roy game from Rick & Morty.
The backgrounds can be the most interesting!

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe

Not really on point,but do you have tint on front windows or is that stock…looks darker than mine