Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I had a chance to "flex" out the Skyjacker 3.5-4" kit on our JL today. I really wanted to test the bump stops to make sure I would clear offroad.
Looks like they are nearly perfect size for my setup, the passenger front misses the extension slightly and causes some contact with the fender but only at full articulation.
Ride is stiffer than the Mopar kit, but at least there is no spring bow. :like:
DSC_0933.jpg
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Friday night I installed the Skyjacker 2.5" kit on my JLU Rubi. Here are some pics and thoughts.

The kit comes with progressive rate springs, M95 monotube shocks, 4 new sway bar links, and bumpstop spacers. Install wasn't bad. The instructions were a bit excessive. They wanted you to drop the steering and front driveshaft. I didn't have to. Just had to use a little muscle to pop in the front springs. You do have to loosen and unplug brakes and electrical connections.

I like that there are no more bar pins in the rear shocks, but the bolts behind the plastic are a bit annoying in the front. The install was easier than a JK. No exhaust spacers or popping off brake brackets.

The drive was instantly better. The coils seem just a bit stiffer. Not as much float while highway cruising or squat when taking off. The guys at the shop were amazed how well it drove on 37 Procomp MT2s. You can let go of the wheel at highway speeds and it tracks great. No squeaks or pops. Front coils are perfectly straight.

I would eventually add trac bars. The axles are shifted about 0.5 inches. Not a big deal, but always room for improvement
20180311_150219.jpg

I would also like to take some time to flex it out and watch brake lines and electrical connections for stretch. It had a crazy amount of down travel coming off the rack.

I took measurements before and after. The heights are from top of tread on the 37s to the bottom of the fenders.
LF: 5.25 to 8.25
RF: 4.75 to 8.25
LR: 5.0 to 8.0
RR: 4.5 to 8.0
@TTEChris
I can see that the upper portion of the dual rate spring coils are completely compressed even with the Jeep at rest, so what benefit do they provide for on-road driving? They essentially act like a solid block of steel welded together on road.
I'm talking strictly on road performance, I do realize they can flex out off-road.