Skyjacker 1-1.5” lift

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wondering if everyone has bypassed this low lift option due to skyjacker not being known as “great” or high quality? Or if anyone has used this specific lift, what was their experience?

I’m really not wanting a taller Jeep by much. I’m really happy with the stance and the ability to get in and out of most parking structures here locally that I’ll be using for awhile. Lifting 1-1.5” and 37s is ideal for me. I’d eventually like to pair this lift, if it has a great ride, with MC arms and track bars and eventually get custom valves Fox shocks. I think this would be an ideal compromise for people wanting the same thing. The LCG fad is best to death and often requires a ton of modification but with the JL, I feel it can be obtainable a lot easier.

The appealing part of this option is the dual rate springs, shock valving match the springs and obviously, cost. Doesn’t seem many have used it or they just haven’t posted about it. I’d appreciate the input of those with experience. Not looking for opinions on reputation or any of that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For anyone who wants to know, just called Skyjacker and their shocks are NOT tuned to the spring rates on their lift. Its an off the shelf shock. Kinda bummed. They also couldn't get the spring rates to decide a shock set up that would work. I still may give this a go, but would love to hear some real world experiences

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
A shock being "valved" to the spring is mostly a marketing ploy. I wouldn't worry about this.

On a JK I would have never considered a Skyjacker lift due to the funky bracketry. They have stepped it up for the JL. I have the 3.5 kit and I coupled it with Rancho geometry brackets. It rides nice. Definitely more firm than stock.

OP
OP
Andrew05LJR

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
A shock being "valved" to the spring is mostly a marketing ploy. I wouldn't worry about this.

On a JK I would have never considered a Skyjacker lift due to the funky bracketry. They have stepped it up for the JL. I have the 3.5 kit and I coupled it with Rancho geometry brackets. It rides nice. Definitely more firm than stock.
Its definitely more than a marketing ploy. Having gone through several set ups on my LJ, having Fox shocks valved to the springs rates dramatically improved the overall ride. Expensive, but very effective. Im definitely not looking for much more firm ride over stock. May just have to go dynatrac and call it a day
Sponsored