Sky Touch roof......

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I read an article on this site where rivets have been breaking on the SOT. Would not the extra stress of the headliner make the problem worse? Also, has anyone had the problem of the glue on the headliner Velcro strips soften and the strips fall off when it gets hot?
I haven't seen that article. Do you have a link?
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen that article. Do you have a link?
Yes it's true, the Sky One has a strap that pulls it back. At the front where the strap is connected they used plastic rivets. Mine broke on both sides about a month apart. Dealer fixed it both times under warranty.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yes it's true, the Sky One has a strap that pulls it back. At the front where the strap is connected they used plastic rivets. Mine broke on both sides about a month apart. Dealer fixed it both times under warranty.
Did they fix it right the 2nd time or replace the plastic that will break again? Jeep needs to address this issue!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Did they fix it right the 2nd time or replace the plastic that will break again? Jeep needs to address this issue!
To be honest Mike, I never inspected it after. I’d like to imagine they used something stronger. I haven’t had a problem since.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
To be honest Mike, I never inspected it after. I’d like to imagine they used something stronger. I haven’t had a problem since.
I wouldn’t count on it. They probably just replaced the (right) factory plastic if you didn’t have a conversation with them about two broken plastic rivets.”How about using bolts and nuts or at least metal rivets!”

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t count on it. They probably just replaced the (right) factory plastic if you didn’t have a conversation with them about two broken plastic rivets.”How about using bolts and nuts or at least metal rivets!”
If my warranty is up then yes I would put something stronger. Now? Let them fix their inferior product. That’s how they learn to make it right.
Sponsored