Sky Touch roof......

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
SOT was a mandatory option when I ordered mine and I love it. I have the Hothead Headliner and it cuts down on the outside noise significantly (along with the Alpine system drowning out noise).
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
For me the convenience factor is what ended up convincing me to order the Sky top this time around. Noise isn't an issue as I bought the 392, so yeah lol. It does look a little odd with no doors and panels off... but I think it'll look "OK" with my half doors. We'll see.
Nah these Jeep’s always look good. No matter the top. Even tube doors look nice.

C57AA5E6-7530-4594-AB3D-A04B614A597D.jpeg

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
SOT was a mandatory option when I ordered mine and I love it. I have the Hothead Headliner and it cuts down on the outside noise significantly (along with the Alpine system drowning out noise).
Why was the SOT mandatory?

Integron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Mandatory for me too. One of the major reasons i bought a jeep with the sky one touch is because i have it open alot and it is so easy to slow down to 35 mph touch a button and the rain is no longer an issue if it starts. I have also owned the hard tops w freedom panels but imo, jeep failed to create a slide storage on top of roof for quick open and close. I still prefer a closed jeep and just opened up when i drive it. Need the security of no one reaching in when i get out of it.

Another great feature is the removable back side windows. Hauled stringers for my boat home today 10 foot long sticking out the side window.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Nah these Jeep’s always look good. No matter the top. Even tube doors look nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch roof...... C57AA5E6-7530-4594-AB3D-A04B614A597D
Subjective I suppose. I hear you.

Sponsored

Integron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch roof...... C57AA5E6-7530-4594-AB3D-A04B614A597D
Dang nice color. Stylish up next to that red contrasting umbrella, green foliage and brown and white table settings. Although that dress looks like Charlie Browns sister just arrived.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mandatory for me too. One of the major reasons i bought a jeep with the sky one touch is because i have it open alot and it is so easy to slow down to 35 mph touch a button and the rain is no longer an issue if it starts. I have also owned the hard tops w freedom panels but imo, jeep failed to create a slide storage on top of roof for quick open and close. I still prefer a closed jeep and just opened up when i drive it. Need the security of no one reaching in when i get out of it.

Another great feature is the removable back side windows. Hauled stringers for my boat home today 10 foot long sticking out the side window.
I have had the SOT for 2 years now. Its still nice to just open whenever you want. I went with the Hardtop second time around and really like it too. Went ahead and bought the Top-Lift Pro and once top is loose takes me 2 mins to remove and store it.

Panels off with Half-doors 3.jpg

20210517_125728.jpg

2500 hd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR.
I have had the SOT for 2 years now. Its still nice to just open whenever you want. I went with the Hardtop second time around and really like it too. Went ahead and bought the Top-Lift Pro and once top is loose takes me 2 mins to remove and store it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch roof...... 20210517_125728

How did you get the hand grab things attached on the SOT jeep ?
I can't get them to fit on mine.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Dang nice color. Stylish up next to that red contrasting umbrella, green foliage and brown and white table settings. Although that dress looks like Charlie Browns sister just arrived.
[/QUOTe
Hey hey hey thats my sister damn it! Hahaha just kidding Tom. That lady was a random customer at an outdoor restaurant last Sunday. Perfect weather, open Jeep, good food, wife and mother in law hating the wind of said open Jeep, complaining about hair, getting overruled. Ah life is good..

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

Both look good. Excited to use the SOT.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Because I wanted the convenience of opening and closing it up with ease and the looks of color matched hard top. I don't have the storage space for a removable hard top and don't like the looks of a soft top. When I decided I wanted a Jeep, I told myself I would order exactly what I wanted and not "settle" for an option I didn't want.

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
Can you post a picture, please?
Thank you!
Pictures attached - I make sure to not load more than 100 pounds on the roof.
BTW you see the blue bunji cord - without the spiral around the round bars, they made a lot of noise, the bunji wrapped around breaks the wind turbulence.

IMG-0661.jpg

IMG-0660.jpg

Reactions: TMP

Comanche73

First Name
Dekin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Another very happy SOT user here. Love the convenience and use it ALL THE TIME. I had one minor drip leak early on while driving at highway speeds through a crazy driving rainstorm. I inspected the area (passenger side, backseat area) I found some minor debris (including small bits of leaves) and then gave it a good cleaning along with using some non-greasy vinyl/rubber protectant on the whole seal. 16k miles later I've had zero issues through many Florida and North Carolina storms.

NotMyHubbysJeep

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4-door Bright White 2021
I am so HAPPY with having the SOT on my 2021 JLU Sport S.
Its so convenient to open and close - I think I have the top open more than I would with other tops - Definitely! I have not experienced any issues, no noise, etc. I also purchased a HotHeadLiner https://hotheadheadliners.com/ Summer in Utah 105+ you can feel the heat radiat in - the hot headliner fixed that! Super happy. All the doubters - its not a fad (SOT) if you want convenience - buy it.

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Can you post a picture, please?
Thank you!
I'll see if I can get one this weekend. My rack stays up north by my kayaks. Since my wife is doing a triathlon this weekend I doubt she'll be in the mood for taking the kayaks anywhere. ;)

Edit - I see Jenn already beat me with pics.
Sponsored