Sponsored

Sky Touch roof......

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We love ours. We are open to the sky vastly more often than if we had just gotten the soft top. And we still have glass windows for easy cleaning.

You'll probably find that most people that have it say they love it. Those that don't have it don't see a need for it. To each his own.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I had the sky top (twice) but swapped it out recently for a regular hard top as I need a roof rack for the rooftop tent. If you don’t have that need, it’s awesome as a convertible. Extremely convenient.
Gobi and LOD both have roof racks that fit the Sky One Touch.

Jokeyo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I've had my Sky One Touch for about 18 months now, and after that time I can safely say I'm satisfied with the purchase. It's not entirely unicorns and rainbows though.

Pros: Convenience, which surprisingly has lots of value. I underestimated the value of convenience until it was at my fingertips. The road noise was much less than expected. One can quite easily carry on normal conversation on the highway.

Cons:
- Cost. $4K is a lot.
- RTT compatibility. Not an issue for me since I'm past the age where I feel like climbing on top of my jeep. I prefer overland trailers. For others this is a deal breaker though. You can get one of those prior mentioned safari style cages to remedy this. I prefer something more polished.
- Longevity unknown. It new. Who knows how long it will last? Mine has been opened / closed hundreds of times without showing any signs of wear yet.
- Can possibly leak someday. I've been through many rains with no issues whatsoever, however, there was one day with torrential downpour monsoon rain. That day there was a couple drops (literally a couple) of water that made it inside where the Sky One Touch meets the drivers side corner. No issues since. It was one and done. This leads me to belief the roof is more 'resistant' than 'proof'.

Sponsored

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I had the sky top (twice) but swapped it out recently for a regular hard top as I need a roof rack for the rooftop tent. If you don’t have that need, it’s awesome as a convertible. Extremely convenient.
I am able to put my Yakima rack over my sky top. :rock:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I've had my Sky One Touch for about 18 months now, and after that time I can safely say I'm satisfied with the purchase. It's not entirely unicorns and rainbows though.

Pros: Convenience, which surprisingly has lots of value. I underestimated the value of convenience until it was at my fingertips. The road noise was much less than expected. One can quite easily carry on normal conversation on the highway.

Cons:
- Cost. $4K is a lot.
- RTT compatibility. Not an issue for me since I'm past the age where I feel like climbing on top of my jeep. I prefer overland trailers. For others this is a deal breaker though. You can get one of those prior mentioned safari style cages to remedy this. I prefer something more polished.
- Longevity unknown. It new. Who knows how long it will last? Mine has been opened / closed hundreds of times without showing any signs of wear yet.
- Can possibly leak someday. I've been through many rains with no issues whatsoever, however, there was one day with torrential downpour monsoon rain. That day there was a couple drops (literally a couple) of water that made it inside where the Sky One Touch meets the drivers side corner. No issues since. It was one and done. This leads me to belief the roof is more 'resistant' than 'proof'.
Try conditioning the seals, I think the seal gets dried out with the wind, and sun exposure.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Love mine. If you haven’t yet get the hot head headliner.
I love the convenience of it. My 2 other cars are manual roofs and you just don't put it down as much during shoulder seasons.

I didn't know you could get a headline for the SOT until you post. Did you find it made a big difference?
Anyone else with the headliner added?

IslandNomad

First Name
Islander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have had my SkyTop now for a month now and love it.

it basically gives you a push-button convertible Jeep.

There is some road noise at highway speeds but it’s not bad at all.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I think a lot of people look at the price and have a hard time justifying the purchase. If the cost is broken down it is not that much more when you look at the capability compared to the other roof options.

Hard top $1495
Body-Colored Hard Top $2495
Dual-top Group $2495
Body Color add to Dual-top group $1400
Total for body color Dual-top group $3895
Sky One Touch $4095 (body color only)

So for $200 more than the Body color dual top group you can have the Sky One Touch and you do not have to worry about switching tops and storage of the hard top, etc. If someone is only looking for a hard top only or soft top only obviously the cost would not make sense.

Just my .02

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I think a lot of people look at the price and have a hard time justifying the purchase. If the cost is broken down it is not that much more when you look at the capability compared to the other roof options.

Hard top $1495
Body-Colored Hard Top $2495
Dual-top Group $2495
Body Color add to Dual-top group $1400
Total for body color Dual-top group $3895
Sky One Touch $4095 (body color only)

So for $200 more than the Body color dual top group you can have the Sky One Touch and you do not have to worry about switching tops and storage of the hard top, etc. If someone is only looking for a hard top only or soft top only obviously the cost would not make sense.

Just my .02
All excellent points, and add to that if you were to get the Sunrider top it has an MSRP of $750.

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
I changed out a hard top for the Sky one Touch. The wife loves it. I just got the Hothead head liner. It does cut the noise down but not to 0.