Sky Touch Durability

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I’ve seen several posts on sky one touch first impressions, however, I’m wondering how they are holding up for the masses. Yes, there are threads focusing on rattles and leaks, but folks with problems tend to respond. I’m curious about experiences of the majority.

Advertisement

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Mine is two years old, and did great in the four inches of rain we had in two days here in Cali! No trouble through the car wash either! I have it open all the time. Love it!

OP

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Scott, you guys have been getting so much rain lately. Is the drought officially over? Have y'all heard any tales regarding the longevity of the one touch. I would expect it to last about as long as the warranty.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Scott, you guys have been getting so much rain lately. Is the drought officially over? Have y'all heard any tales regarding the longevity of the one touch. I would expect it to last about as long as the warranty.
Unfortunately Lake Cachuma which is our main water supply here in Santa Barbara didn't gain at all. The northern part of the state received much more.

I have more confidence on the longevity of the roof than you, but time will tell.

Last edited:

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Had mine for two years. No issues. Love it. Getting it again when I upgrade to 4xe or 392 once there’s some track record of reliability.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver, previously, JLUR Sting-gray; 10/A JKUR
Had mine for two years. No issues. Love it. Getting it again when I upgrade to 4xe or 392 once there’s some track record of reliability.
Short timer with my sky one touch but it was one of the main reasons I traded in my 2018 JLUR for my 2021 JLUR. It’s awesome and can’t wait for spring and summer.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement