SKY TOP ISSUE

Boatmaan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara unlimited
I have the one button sky top and love it. However, the first nice day this Spring, I opened the top and noted that one of the cross bars, toward the rear, and the passenger side, is broken at the end. Its made of plastic and it snapped somehow. Today, I took it to the dealer, and was told I had to make an appointment for the special technician to diagnose and determine how or why it broke, and, whether it would be covered under warranty. So now I have to drop the car, leave it for at least one day, maybe two, while they "diagnose'. Then, they will have to order the part. Anyone else have an issue like this? Why do I fear they will say it is not going to be covered? (FYI: The service advisor had no idea what I was talking about when I told him it was a Sky Top)
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I have the one button sky top and love it. However, the first nice day this Spring, I opened the top and noted that one of the cross bars, toward the rear, and the passenger side, is broken at the end. Its made of plastic and it snapped somehow. Today, I took it to the dealer, and was told I had to make an appointment for the special technician to diagnose and determine how or why it broke, and, whether it would be covered under warranty. So now I have to drop the car, leave it for at least one day, maybe two, while they "diagnose'. Then, they will have to order the part. Anyone else have an issue like this? Why do I fear they will say it is not going to be covered? (FYI: The service advisor had no idea what I was talking about when I told him it was a Sky Top)
Most service writers are still trained with a JK training manual these-days.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Why do I fear they will say it is not going to be covered?
Call 1-866-362-2146 for Dedicated Jeep Customer Care and open a claim/case, being sure to ask that FCA gets involved. You should get a claim/case number and they will contact the dealerhsip for you.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Most service writers are still trained with a JK training manual these-days.
I wont lie, I lol'd pretty hard at "trained". When I had my mustang, I brought it in for it stalling when it came to a stop. I dropped the car off, and when the service advisor called me to tell me it was "fixed" (well, never broken really), he said I simply wasnt giving it enough gas.... After a pause I told him I was flattered that he though my penis was long enough to depress the gas pedal, but much to the shagrin of my GF it wasn't. he got all flustered and I told him, if my 2 feet for busy pushing the brake and clutch how else was I supposed to push the gas while stopped at a red light....

He admited he wasnt familiar with how you drive a stick, or what a clutch pedal does, hung up sheepishly, they decided to look in to the issue more thoroughly and identified the actual culprit. Service advisors have in my experience never been "trained" they have only been more or less familiar with cars as they get brought in for service.
Sponsored