Sky one touch vs Premium Black rider?

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is the insulting quality the same? Would one provide better warmth in cold north east climates? Also would the Sky one touch hold up better with snow on it given the additional cross bars? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gellie

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are these roofs still pretty rare that people can give an opinion?

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
Are these roofs still pretty rare that people can give an opinion?
I had a 2018 JL with a hardtop and recently traded it for a 2019 JL with Sky One Touch and it was the best move yet. I have had soft tops, hard tops, and none of then are as nice as this one. To me at least.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Larry, when you say insulating I'm going to assume that you mean from cold and snow as opposed to noise.

Wranglers, JL included, are known for their climate control systems being very strong. Of my concerns, climate control. For this reason, even in the heart of winter or summer it is not a reason to choose any OEM top versus another.

I admit to having read less winter experience reports about the power top's abilities, but little complaints either. The soft top, premium of basic is fine in winter. In fact I suspect it easier to remove snow off the true glass windows of the power top than those of the soft top: the latter best left with snow on them to melt by cabin heat for fear snow that physical removal may scratch or crack the soft top windows.

Cheers.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I have the one-touch power top and I honestly do not think the insulation will be an issue. The climate control system is one of the very best I have ever had in a vehicle. I think that, combined with auto start and heated seats will be more than enough comfort in the winter.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The Sky One-Touch Power Top has so many very stout battens I would imagine it can hold two to three times the snow load of the premium soft top.
I suppose the battens increase the r-value ever so slightly.
Combining the Sky One-Touch Power Top, remote start, heated seats and steering wheel are some kind of wonderful. I admit I enjoy every ounce of fresh air possible. I will crank up all the heat sources and crack the top 9" to 24".
I cannot comment on the summer insulation effect. I run with top down when it is 100 degrees.

OP
OP
Gellie

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks All!
Sponsored