Sky One-Touch Top Roof Rack Options

jjohnson75

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S80
I am looking to find out if anyone knows if you there are any aftermarket roof racks for wranglers with the sky one-touch power top??
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My favorites that meet your needs are the Gobi and the yet to be released LOD Offroad. The Gobi may have been the first to market and it's pricey, as I bet the LOD Offroad one will be when released soon.

They both don't interface with the roof and are likely compatible with all roof types, the sky one-touch power top included.

The LOD Offroad promises to slide off the roof to either side, entirely cantileverd when the rig is parked--even with weight on it. That could be nice if you want sunshine in the parked vehicle.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-roof-rack-list-jl-jlu-wrangler.2665/

OP
OP
jjohnson75

jjohnson75

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S80
My favorites that meet your needs are the Gobi and the yet to be released LOD Offroad. The Gobi may have been the first to market and it's pricey, as I bet the LOD Offroad one will be when released soon.

They both don't interface with the roof and are likely compatible with all roof types, the sky one-touch power top included.

The LOD Offroad promises to slide off the roof to either side, entirely cantileverd when the rig is parked--even with weight on it. That could be nice if you want sunshine in the parked vehicle.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-roof-rack-list-jl-jlu-wrangler.2665/
Doesn't look like most of these will work with the sky one touch. Most of these are a permanent solution vs something that would work with the sky one touch.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Doesn't look like most of these will work with the sky one touch. Most of these are a permanent solution vs something that would work with the sky one touch.
I agree that the racks I mentioned are more considered permanent (although removable) than, say, the MOPAR roof rails for the hard top: which I suspect won't work with your power top.

I chose them because their ability to remain firmly connected to the vehicle requires no attachment points on the top: whether hard, soft or power: OEM or aftermarket.

When you wrote "[are there] any aftermarket roof racks for wranglers with the sky one-touch power top??" I assumed this to mean devices that don't get in the way of the power top's function and don't require access to things on the top like the hard top's drip rail: needed for the MOPAR rack.

Were you asking about racks that attach to the power top and work with it? If so, I know of none.

Maybe you could better explain what you are looking for.

Rudicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon - Unlimited JL - Ocean Blue!
I read the one touch sky top had a rain gutter. If that's true any rain gutter rack should work. Can anyone confirm this?

Sponsored

VenturePoe

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I read the one touch sky top had a rain gutter. If that's true any rain gutter rack should work. Can anyone confirm this?
Well, the roof is elevated at the middle from the gutter higher than a typical top and the "pleats" gather up about 4.5" from that top. I have been having a similar problem and looking for a solution as well. Supposedly, the gutter mounted rack from Mopar doesn't have enough clearance for the pleats.

I am leaning towards the "high-rise" version of the Thule gutter mounts, but waiting to see if there is a better solution.

I had the Garvin on my '14, but I don't think there would be enough clearance for that one.

So, if anyone else has practical application, please let us know.

on53G5u6RR2xcYYZiO8cCQ.jpg

Pedrony

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 wrangler
I think this rack is high enough to clear the power top. And is mounted to the gutters

EE99A058-4352-412B-A888-94DD8C0D2EA8.png

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
I have parts and pieces of a Rhino Rack on order and should know if it works in a week or so. I bought longer legs, hopefully high enough.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I think it might help if we better understood how much that you wish to place on a rack, both mobile and stationary weight might be. Some of the higher end roof racks quote both figures presuming you might sleep in a tent on their rack (i.e. stationary weight), and clock in at about the 300 (mobile) /800 (stationary) pound range.

Both racks I suggested will work with the sky one touch rack in the sense that they don't interface with the roof, and yet might not, particularly the Gobi (I don't know) be high enough above the roof to accommodate the folds of an open Power top. It's nothing some quick measurements of your open top and the manufacturer's heights above the roof can't clear up--cost notwithstanding.

I like @Pedrony's solution and you may too. It is though probably limited to around 150 pounds stationary or mobile. : - )

~~~~~~

Last edited:

Dengar

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JKU, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey guys... I found an incredible deal yesterday on a JL Rubicon and pulled the trigger. Will be picking the jeep up next week. It has the powertop and now I'm looking for a rack that will support a roof top tent. Does anyone know if the Gobi has enough clearance to allow the folds of the roof to pass under?

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey guys... I found an incredible deal yesterday on a JL Rubicon and pulled the trigger. Will be picking the jeep up next week. It has the powertop and now I'm looking for a rack that will support a roof top tent. Does anyone know if the Gobi has enough clearance to allow the folds of the roof to pass under?
I don't know. Good question. Gobi can probably answer it if nobody here can. Best for you, I think, to know the height of the power top's folds (when open) before asking Gobi.

And if their answer is "no," since the above suggests willingness on your part to spend the $, the above mentioned LOD rack:

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2018-jeep-jl-products/roof-rack.html

may be a solution for you in its ability to, even if its rack rides no higher than Gobi's, be removed. This plays into a possible wrong assumption at my end that your desire for the "open air feel" happens at times you're not otherwise carrying gear on a rack: that could be wrong on my part. For all I know you may expressly desire the opposite: use of the power top and rack/gear storage at the same time.

Much I cannot say on this product while I too keep eyes on it..from dimensions to quality to price to delivery. Hidden bolt drilling is, unlike with the Gobi required. LOD Offroad makes solid stuff, and yet I can find nothing on the internet about their original JK version, which slides back, not to the sides as this yet to market version does.

I also can't speak to the ease with which the sliding rack is engaged/disengaged from the base that alone, won't get in the way of your power top, or whether its a "4" of "2" handed job. I can reasonable concluded that the slides of this device must grab strongly (read: possibly more install work) given the extent of its ability to catilever.

For those who believe the rack best attach to the body of a body on frame design like the JL, both manufacturer here claim that. : - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Dengar

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know. Good question. Gobi can probably answer it if nobody here can. Best for you, I think, to know the height of the power top's folds (when open) before asking Gobi.

And if their answer is "no," since the above suggests willingness on your part to spend the $, the above mentioned LOD rack:

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2018-jeep-jl-products/roof-rack.html

may be a solution for you in its ability to, even if its rack rides no higher than Gobi's, be removed. This plays into a possible wrong assumption at my end that your desire for the "open air feel" happens at times you're not otherwise carrying gear on a rack: that could be wrong on my part. For all I know you may expressly desire the opposite: use of the power top and rack/gear storage at the same time.

Much I cannot say on this product while I too keep eyes on it..from dimensions to quality to price to delivery. Hidden bolt drilling is, unlike with the Gobi required. LOD Offroad makes solid stuff, and yet I can find nothing on the internet about their original JK version, which slides back, not to the sides as this yet to market version does.

I also can't speak to the ease with which the sliding rack is engaged/disengaged from the base that alone, won't get in the way of your power top, or whether its a "4" of "2" handed job. I can reasonable concluded that the slides of this device must grab strongly (read: possibly more install work) given the extent of its ability to catilever.

For those who believe the rack best attach to the body of a body on frame design like the JL, both manufacturer here claim that. : - )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the informative reply Ronald. Th LOD rack actually looks like it might work out well for my needs. If I'm reading the website properly, I could have my roof top tent on the rack and remove the entire sliding section (with the tent) for when I don't want to have it on (and I could use the power roof with this section removed (or so it looks from the illustrations). Then slide it back on for my overlanding trips (and may not be able to use the power top during the trips which is also totally fine).

I'll be watching for updates on this rack for sure.

On a side note... I never would have considered a power top on my jeep... but this fully loaded Rubicon included one and came in at a lower cost than anything else I could find with far fewer options. The deal was just too good to pass up. Very excited.

Dengar

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great news. I received a reply from Alex at Gobi which confirms this too. Very exciting for sure and it will be good to know I can use the Roof Top Tent that I bought a few months ago (and have setup in my spare room). :)