Sponsored

Sky One Touch Top / Power top through car wash with rolling brushes?

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Hello friends.

Those who have the Sky one touch roof,
have you ever taken your JL thru a carwash? Not the touchless one but the ones with the rolling brushes? Is it even advisable to go thru this kind of carwash?

Thanks.
Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I asked about this and pretty much everyone,including a pro-jeep builder, spoke highly of the seal and toughness of the twill top so I did it. It went through without so much as a drip inside. Ive run mine through many times since.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently the issue isn't the brushes, but the high pressure dryer at the end. I have a SOT and only hand wash, but I have a friend who took his 2018 SOT through about 3 days a week for a year and it started leaking. Could never get it fixed correctly, so he ended up trading it in on a new 2020. In a side note, he loved the SOT so much that he got another; but does hand wash it now.

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Apparently the issue isn't the brushes, but the high pressure dryer at the end. I have a SOT and only hand wash, but I have a friend who took his 2018 SOT through about 3 days a week for a year and it started leaking. Could never get it fixed correctly, so he ended up trading it in on a new 2020. In a side note, he loved the SOT so much that he got another; but does hand wash it now.
I believe the Sky One Touch came out in 2020

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Manual says no high pressure wash like an automatic wash, I wouldn't do the brushes, over time they can wear away the fabric. You need a heated/cooled garage with water supply and a teenager who will hand wash it fir you.:rock:

Sponsored

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Hello friends.

Those who have the Sky one touch roof,
have you ever taken your JL thru a carwash? Not the touchless one but the ones with the rolling brushes? Is it even advisable to go thru this kind of carwash?

Thanks.
Just went through today. No issues...
Sponsored