Sky One Touch soft top questions

wberry536

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLU Sahara, ‘20 JLU Rubicon
Is the power soft top removable? My dealer says no, but I read where a guy bought the parts and installed. Is it available to purchase?

I have a ‘19 JLU Sahara with it, and a ‘20 JLU Rubicon without it, and wish they were reversed. Not the same color

Was thinking I’d work something out with someone that had a Mojito hard top on the Sahara, and just buy one for the Rubicon. I don’t think repainting and swapping would turn out as good as factory tops.

Any insight? TIA!
Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
It is physically removable but requires alignment when installed.
It is not offered for sale as an aftermarket accessory and requires additional parts to fit on one that had a hard top. All one touches are color match.
Just noticed you have both.. Color would be the only obstacle (other than the alignment and possible computer feature update.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty dicey situation. I wouldn’t risk it, the SOTs are finicky

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
FWIW that's the only reason I didn't buy one, if it was removable like the hard and soft tops so I could run topless when desired then I would have one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wberry536

wberry536

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLU Sahara, ‘20 JLU Rubicon
FWIW that's the only reason I didn't buy one, if it was removable like the hard and soft tops so I could run topless when desired then I would have one.
It’s really convenient and nice. If I only had one Jeep, then I’d probably pick it, but I do love the openness of the topless/soft top down.

We weren’t planning on a second JL....until we had the first one awhile

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
i got it and absolutely love it! Yes - the standard hard or soft tops can actually open up more, but this one opens without me even getting out of the seat so I end up using it much more than I expected.

Definately my favorite option.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s really convenient and nice. If I only had one Jeep, then I’d probably pick it, but I do love the openness of the topless/soft top down.

We weren’t planning on a second JL....until we had the first one awhile
Your situation sounds remarkably similar to mine. Wife got a '19 JLU Sahara for her birthday. The problem with that is that I got to drive it on the weekends, and that's when the infection spread to me. Fast forward to a few days ago and I am now driving my '20 JL Rubicon and will be buried with it!

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Sky one top is by far the best top, I go naked everyday...and yeah you don’t get the full naked look but it’s pretty close...and the convenience is unbeatable...i mean, if I had a hard top I prob would go naked 50% of the time at most since I have a garage and can park there at night - from which I’ll probably get wet 40% of the time with unpredictable weather - and have to deal with taking it on and off....i go naked 100% of the time
Sponsored