Sky One Touch Roof

PositiveEnergyVibe

First Name
Alisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester
Hello. I am looking at the wrangler with the Sky power 1 touch roof. I am in NY and was wondering if anyone has had experience with snow on this roof? Is it sturdy enough to take weight of snow and would the vehicle stay warm enough in winter with this roof ?

Thanks,
Alisa
Sponsored

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
No real issues with typical Northeast snow accumulation. The Sky One Touch roof is strong enough to withstand a good amount of snow. That said, I have one of these that I clear the snow off as soon as I can.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FV5R0Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

A ton of us folks have the SOT top in northern climates. Love mine. In terms of warmth, I installed a Hotheads Skyliner (Headliner) for the SOT, and it looks and works great. Provides nice insulation. You’d be fine without it, but the headliner does work.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/products/sky-one-touch-headliner?variant=39284097253442

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Like any soft-top style roof if you let really heavy wet snow pile up and sit on it for awhile it will stretch it out and you'll get a floppy looking top.

We had some really wet snowfalls in the past month and I know of one local Jeep gal who is fighting with the dealership over this exact issue. They are not being very helpful.

OP
OP
PositiveEnergyVibe

PositiveEnergyVibe

First Name
Alisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester
Hello. I am looking at the wrangler with the Sky power 1 touch roof. I am in NY and was wondering if anyone has had experience with snow on this roof? Is it sturdy enough to take weight of snow and would the vehicle stay warm enough in winter with this roof ?

Thanks,
Alisa
Thank you very much!

JeepGirl4Life

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Sahara

Thanks,
Alisa
Hi neighbor i'm in Amityville! My previous JL had the sky one touch as does my current one and I've had no issues with either. It's still a "soft" top but hard or soft with these temperatures we've had lately a Wrangler with either one would still be an icebox lol.

Sponsored

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I saw it with 30" of light Colorado snow on it and it was holding up but at that point we said, "Ehhh... Let's brush it off just to be sure..."

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I live in Minnesota so we get our share and snow and cold each winter. More cold than snow this year but neither is a problem.

When I was looking at Wranglers I test drove one with the SOT that had about a foot of snow on its roof. Dealer said not to open it as that much snow and ice on it may damage it while opening. Plus all that snow would end up inside.

As far as the interior being warm enough in the cold? The coldest I've had it in this year has been -22°. Inside the Jeep was toasty warm. And I have no hot head liner either.

I do park mine in a garage overnight so any snow on it usually melts by morning. There are enough braces on the top though which should keep any heavy snow from doing any damage.

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
How about driving in the mountains during or after a beautiful snowfall. Then - at a whim, opening the one touch, even just a wee bit...

Jeep 0206221612_HDR.jpg

Jeep 0206221536_HDR.jpg

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Excellent....Wrangler had freedom panels. Stowing them was a pain. Really interested in this roof. And snow comments put my mind at ease.
Dave
Toronto
Sponsored