First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
First of all I'm new here and have been reading non stop for a few days about the JL. I just joined after getting the bug to buy another Wrangler.

I previously had a 99 TJ with both hard and soft tops. It was heavily modified as we did a lot of off-roading at the time. Things have changed and I don't plan on going crazy with this one but I still want a jeep to go play with on the weekends. I always ran the hard top in the winter months here in Colorado and the soft the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a Rubicon Unlimited and was going to get the dual tops until I test drove one the other day with the Sky top on it. At first I wasn't thrilled about it at all but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm very tempted but am curious what your thoughts are. I realize everyone has an opinion but I'm curious about leaks, etc.

Greg
Sponsored

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I have one and it's great. No leaks or noises. The road noise isn't any louder than other JK's I've had with a hard top or soft top. It's so convenient to push a button to open the top. I also used to get out on the trails and mud in mine but don't anymore so it was a good choice for me.

Roy_Hobbs

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue Sky One-Touch
YES! I love mine and the convenience it offers. I have it open far more often that I would have with a hard top or soft top.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
It was one of the items that swayed my wife into buying her new JLU Sahara. She loves the convenience and uses it literally every chance she gets.

We're in the South so when I get my Jeep I'm going the soft top route, but I see the merit in both for sure.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I really wanted to like the SOT, but in the end I really wanted the option to go fully topless. If it was an option to take the whole top off once in a while I probably would have bought it, but they specifically say to not attempt to take it off.

When they first announced a new "power top" option I was picturing something like the MyTop (https://mytop.us/ for anyone not familiar with it), maybe somehow even better. But then I'm not 100% I'd want any kind of soft top for cold winter months.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Yes, no issues here and I use it every time I drive. It's so easy and convenient.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The Sky One Touch is an astounding amazing. It seems too good to be on a Jeep, it's just another one of the unexpected ways the JL surprises you with how they've made it a premium product. You may get more open air with a Jeep when its naked, but if you multiply the reduced opening area by how much more you'll have it open, I still think you end up with more air time with power top. Certainly more air time during the weather that you would want it open.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have one, but a friend does. She loves it. I will say that if you want one, get it. If you don't you'll always wish you had. Trust me, I've been in that boat before.

Sponsored

Ocean Brew

First Name
Lothar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I factory ordered with the SOTR and awaiting delivery. I Hmm'd and Hawed but went with it. I think the convenience will outweigh anything. Update after having it a while....Tick, Tock......

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had waited for one, but happy either way. My Gladiator will be a softtop though

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I really wanted to like the SOT, but in the end I really wanted the option to go fully topless. If it was an option to take the whole top off once in a while I probably would have bought it, but they specifically say to not attempt to take it off.

When they first announced a new "power top" option I was picturing something like the MyTop (https://mytop.us/ for anyone not familiar with it), maybe somehow even better. But then I'm not 100% I'd want any kind of soft top for cold winter months.
I saw a video (and cannot find it again anywhere but I swear I watched it) of a guy who takes his off just like a hard top. I would be too afraid to do it as I may not get it aligned properly causing leaks. He also said there were 20 bolts so it was a little more time consuming.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First of all I'm new here and have been reading non stop for a few days about the JL. I just joined after getting the bug to buy another Wrangler.

I previously had a 99 TJ with both hard and soft tops. It was heavily modified as we did a lot of off-roading at the time. Things have changed and I don't plan on going crazy with this one but I still want a jeep to go play with on the weekends. I always ran the hard top in the winter months here in Colorado and the soft the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a Rubicon Unlimited and was going to get the dual tops until I test drove one the other day with the Sky top on it. At first I wasn't thrilled about it at all but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm very tempted but am curious what your thoughts are. I realize everyone has an opinion but I'm curious about leaks, etc.

Greg
I have a New 2019 JLUS and New Jeep owner. I didn''t want a Hard top to hard to move on and off. Didn't want the soft top either. I was at Dealership getting oil change for my Ram and looking on Showroom floor. This Jeep was there with Sky Top. I drove it off lot that day. Just lifted it and put 33's on it last week. Its so cool to just open anytime without worrying about weather issues. The 2 big windows on rear come right off so its open. I am waiting on winter here in Texas. Its little hot most days now to run open top.

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's now..jpg

margojon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Wrangler
we love it, ppl still come over when we're parked to check it out. the advantage of being able to close it when it starts raining is key (just make sure you're going under 60 or 70 mph, i forget which it is, or else it'll make you wait til you slow down).
Sponsored