Sponsored

Sky One Touch Roof - Yes or NO

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Sky one touch you can take it off every single day and never get rained on
I get the benefits of it I personally just think it looks a bit goofy and it's not for me.

I like having the top off with a shade over my head. I'm not even sure if they make a shade or bikini for the sky top I never looked into it because I ordered a 2 door Rubicon.

It's great for a lot of people I'm sure I just dont personally find it as appealing as having a hardtop for winter and soft top for summer.
Sponsored

Dmene

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara jlu
Love mine...saw it and drive it of the last the same day.

OP
OP
Xtremetj

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Well it's irrelevant at this point. I found the jeep I want, has all the options I wanted and it comes with the dual top option so I'm going with it. I'll be just fine with it.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Well it's irrelevant at this point. I found the jeep I want, has all the options I wanted and it comes with the dual top option so I'm going with it. I'll be just fine with it.
Congrats. I have loved every Jeep From a '66 Willy's to the JLU. Picking a Jeep, is a lot like selecting ingredients at an ice cream store. There is a flavor for every taste and I love every one of them.
Enjoy... :like:

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
Depends if your leasing or keeping for 10 years.

Lease: go for it
Purchase: skip it

They have a bad track record. Long term durability has proven poor, ask any Liberty owner.
This ridiculous argument always makes me laugh! Absolutely 100% zero comparison to the Liberty. This top is designed, engineered, and manufactured by a completely different company. It is the absolute best thing about my Jeep and worth every last penny. I have owned Jeeps with every top dating all the way back to my CJ-7 Golden Eagle and this will be the top on every Jeep I own moving forward.

Sponsored

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
First of all I'm new here and have been reading non stop for a few days about the JL. I just joined after getting the bug to buy another Wrangler.

I previously had a 99 TJ with both hard and soft tops. It was heavily modified as we did a lot of off-roading at the time. Things have changed and I don't plan on going crazy with this one but I still want a jeep to go play with on the weekends. I always ran the hard top in the winter months here in Colorado and the soft the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a Rubicon Unlimited and was going to get the dual tops until I test drove one the other day with the Sky top on it. At first I wasn't thrilled about it at all but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm very tempted but am curious what your thoughts are. I realize everyone has an opinion but I'm curious about leaks, etc.

Greg
The Sky One Top is amazing and a must get. Just keep in mind that you can't get that classic naked look. Instead, you get this safari vehicle look which isn't bad. If you have kids keep in mind that some of they might not like you driving 40+ with it open. The last thing is I don't know if you can run rack mounts on the top of the jeep if you have this option. Other than that it's amazing and I'd purchase it all over again.

Not a bad way to spend $4000 of your life savings IMO.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The Sky One Top is amazing and a must get. Just keep in mind that you can't get that classic naked look. Instead, you get this safari vehicle look which isn't bad. If you have kids keep in mind that some of they might not like you driving 40+ with it open. The last thing is I don't know if you can run rack mounts on the top of the jeep if you have this option. Other than that it's amazing and I'd purchase it all over again.

Not a bad way to spend $4000 of your life savings IMO.
Love my sky top. That is what sold me the vehicle. Had an 09 Liberty with the sky roof. How can you go wrong with a bucket of sunshine in 15 seconds at the touch of a button.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Love it!! Use it all the time. Best feature is that you can open and close it while moving up to 60mph!
I see soft tops all the time with the tops up and wondered why until I saw what was involved.

Jollygreenjl

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLUR
Did they say Sky One Touch will not be available at all in 2020 or just in Mojito? Which model did you order?

There are opposing viewpoints on this forum about whether it will be available in 2020. One person said they were able to order it and another person said they were not. But you are further along in the process.

Would be very helpful to get a definitive answer on this because I am trying to decide between a 2019 or waiting for 2020 and really want this feature. Thanks!
The factory informed my dealer (who in turn informed me) they could make any color EXCEPT Mojito with the one touch roof. They wouldn’t give my dealer any explanation as to why. Based on my conversation with them, it seemed this is also true of the 2020 model year, with all colors except Mojito available with the one touch. Maybe they’re planning to discontinue Mojito? Who knows.
I
The model I ordered was a JLUR, 6mt, v6, with all the little goodies

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW X5, 2012 Mercedes GL450
The factory informed my dealer (who in turn informed me) they could make any color EXCEPT Mojito with the one touch roof. They wouldn’t give my dealer any explanation as to why. Based on my conversation with them, it seemed this is also true of the 2020 model year, with all colors except Mojito available with the one touch. Maybe they’re planning to discontinue Mojito? Who knows.
I
The model I ordered was a JLUR, 6mt, v6, with all the little goodies
Thank you very much! I’m glad it will still be available and that helps me decide. Going to wait for a 2020. Good luck and enjoy yours!

Sponsored

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
So many options in the new JLs, my priorities were 1. Rubicon 2. Sky one touch. 3. Led lighting. 4. Color (liked a few). I had the dual top group on my JKUR. It is cool, but mostly we left the hard top on and did the freedom panels. At year 3 we finally swapped the soft top on. I think the labor prevented us from doing it sooner, as easy as it really ended up being. I love the look of the unlimited with a paint matched roof, but wanted more air than freedom panels. Sky is the answer for me.

pinwhoo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM
When I heard a power soft top was coming, I was excited. Then I saw pictures of what it actual was, and was eh on it as I was somehow hoping for a soft top that was full power, similar to my mustang. Went to a dealer and looked at one. They said you have to careful not to get anything in the track or it can get messed up/not close properly. Anyone else hear that? I have a place where we have pine trees and thus pine needles that drop frequently so I went with hard/soft. I also wanted, and got, the MOAB edition so I don't even know if that was an option. I'm extremely happy with my decision.

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying it. Doesn't sound like anyone is regretting the Sky Top decision either.

Jeep on.

gjsimp

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My sky top leaks. Currently at dealer and will probably need to a new seal. Otherwise it's a great Jeep

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
we love it, ppl still come over when we're parked to check it out. the advantage of being able to close it when it starts raining is key (just make sure you're going under 60 or 70 mph, i forget which it is, or else it'll make you wait til you slow down).
Yes its going to be cool when winter is here. I like the cold and can wear Coat and be warm and open her up more. I was coming home Monday and saw showers around and closed top just as it showered some. Have seen some Jeeps caught in rain down here. Some Jeep owners like getting wet. Cloth seats do dry out but Leather is bad getting wet and mine are leather. Are you going to put some photos up of Jeep ?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
First of all I'm new here and have been reading non stop for a few days about the JL. I just joined after getting the bug to buy another Wrangler.

I previously had a 99 TJ with both hard and soft tops. It was heavily modified as we did a lot of off-roading at the time. Things have changed and I don't plan on going crazy with this one but I still want a jeep to go play with on the weekends. I always ran the hard top in the winter months here in Colorado and the soft the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a Rubicon Unlimited and was going to get the dual tops until I test drove one the other day with the Sky top on it. At first I wasn't thrilled about it at all but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm very tempted but am curious what your thoughts are. I realize everyone has an opinion but I'm curious about leaks, etc.

Greg
Hello, I never thought I would have a Jeep. Been Ram owner long time. Saw this Jeep on showroom floor and didn't see the Hard Top Break line and ask my friend who I buy my Rams off of and he just walked over and pushed button and roof opened. Took the Big rear windows off in 2 mins and I drove it off the Showroom floor that day, Have not had any leaks. Just normal sound from Top. Been in soft top once and it was louder. I have the Alpine system with the Active Noise - Control System and it really turns outside sound off. Its really cool. I have noticed that what I heard is true about the Sky Top or any Soft top it gets hot parked in Texas Summer. It does let more heat in auto being what type roof it is. I ordered the Jeep fit sunshade and it is made to fit windshield perfect. Helps a lot keeping sun out. So I really like the Sky top and will really like it during Texas Winter.
Sponsored