Sky One Touch Roof - Yes or NO

Jollygreenjl

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLUR
Any one touch owners out there in Mojito?
I think the one touch roof is one of the coolest roofs ever available for the wrangler, I placed my order about a month ago and yesterday I received a call from the factory. They are refusing to build my jeep with a one touch roof in Mojito green, 2019 or 2020. Pretty frustrating.
Since it’s a $4000 option, I’m looking into getting a fast back roof, or something unique like that. there’s one out there with 2 sunroofs, might be a good compromise, but I don’t think it will come close to the one touch.

The silver lining for me as I’ll be able to remove the roof easily as your “not supposed To” remove the one touch
Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I waited last year till they became available and so glad i did. No other option was worth waiting for, but the sky onetouch increases the joy factor. Everytime i go out, I can have that open air feeling. If I had it to do over, or ever buy another jeep, this option is a Must Have!!

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I paid cash for the jeep, and I plan on keeping it for many years. I suspect that Jeep reengineered the top for the new application, applying lessons learned from Liberty and fiat. If not, I'm still very happy with the Sky one touch, it makes me happy each time I drive it!!. If it needs to be fixed or replaced after a number of years, so be it. Its the cost of doing business. I have a garage to park it in, so UV will not tear it up as quickly. To each his own, enjoy!

Sponsored

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
First of all I'm new here and have been reading non stop for a few days about the JL. I just joined after getting the bug to buy another Wrangler.

I previously had a 99 TJ with both hard and soft tops. It was heavily modified as we did a lot of off-roading at the time. Things have changed and I don't plan on going crazy with this one but I still want a jeep to go play with on the weekends. I always ran the hard top in the winter months here in Colorado and the soft the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to purchase a Rubicon Unlimited and was going to get the dual tops until I test drove one the other day with the Sky top on it. At first I wasn't thrilled about it at all but the more I think about it the more I like it. I'm very tempted but am curious what your thoughts are. I realize everyone has an opinion but I'm curious about leaks, etc.

Greg
Don't listen to anyone telling you no...I'll explain

I live in VA, 2 days ago weather was clear with 0% of rain...I went out and did my thing, loved driving with no doors, guess what it started pouring...hit one button and was cover, nothing got inside even with the doors off.

In pictures I was 50/50 on the look, but I love it now...specially the convenience...I get too hot, close it down, I want to get fresh air and its cold out, crack it open....you can't compare any other top to it

sna77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I owned a Jeep with soft top/ hard top in HS (mid-90s). Loved it, but vowed never again bc of the damn tops. Just too old and lazy to deal with that nonsense. SkyTop was a total game changer for me. I only own a Wrangler bc the power top exists now.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I see the cool factor if them but for me personally when the top is off I want it all the way off. I dont even like how the new soft top doesnt fold all the way down like older jeeps I've had. To me it looks odd with the panels removed.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I see the cool factor if them but for me personally when the top is off I want it all the way off. I dont even like how the new soft top doesnt fold all the way down like older jeeps I've had. To me it looks odd with the panels removed.
2 questions -

how often are you running fully naked?

how often do you get caught in the rain? Don't say it doesn't happen, it does to everyone unless you can predict the weather

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
I don't have it, personally don't think I needed it. I went with a soft top (which I said I would NEVER buy) because after playing with it found it super easy and versatile. Sunrider, check. Fully down, check. Fully naked, check. Doors off safari top, check.

That being said, I don't mind the quick stop and put on when needed (most my top down is sunrider). However, it all depends on how you will use it.

If in heavy traffic were a quick stop to toss it on is a problem (I don't live in the city) power top might be great!!! If you just want that ease of use, go for it! End of the day, your money, your Jeep.

Sponsored

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; R1200GSA; Goldwing
I love mine living the apartment/condo life! It’s a great compromise. I also like that most criminals are likely too stupid to realize that it’s not a typical hard top SUV as they can’t see the cloth upper.

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW X5, 2012 Mercedes GL450
Any one touch owners out there in Mojito?
I think the one touch roof is one of the coolest roofs ever available for the wrangler, I placed my order about a month ago and yesterday I received a call from the factory. They are refusing to build my jeep with a one touch roof in Mojito green, 2019 or 2020. Pretty frustrating.
Since it’s a $4000 option, I’m looking into getting a fast back roof, or something unique like that. there’s one out there with 2 sunroofs, might be a good compromise, but I don’t think it will come close to the one touch.

The silver lining for me as I’ll be able to remove the roof easily as your “not supposed To” remove the one touch

Did they say Sky One Touch will not be available at all in 2020 or just in Mojito? Which model did you order?

There are opposing viewpoints on this forum about whether it will be available in 2020. One person said they were able to order it and another person said they were not. But you are further along in the process.

Would be very helpful to get a definitive answer on this because I am trying to decide between a 2019 or waiting for 2020 and really want this feature. Thanks!

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
2 questions -

how often are you running fully naked?

how often do you get caught in the rain? Don't say it doesn't happen, it does to everyone unless you can predict the weather
Every chance I can I take it off. Usually when I remove it it's for days at a time. I run a bikini top usually with the top off so if it rains I've got some cover. Yeah I've been caught in the rain in every jeep I've owned for the last 20 years. I pull the plugs and let it dry.

This is also the reason I ordered my jeep with cloth and not leather because i know it will likely get rained in at some point.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Every chance I can I take it off. Usually when I remove it it's for days at a time. I run a bikini top usually with the top off so if it rains I've got some cover. Yeah I've been caught in the rain in every jeep I've owned for the last 20 years. I pull the plugs and let it dry.

This is also the reason I ordered my jeep with cloth and not leather because i know it will likely get rained in at some point.
Sky one touch you can take it off every single day and never get rained on

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Soft top for me. Sky One Touch ain’t available on ye olde two door. Even if it were, I’m not interested in the added cost or complexity.

I will say that the JL soft top kinda bummed me out with how much less it folds down compared to previous Wranglers. For it to be obstructing my view to the rear as much as it does is insane.
Sponsored