Sponsored

Sky One-Touch roof - Water in roof/roll bar

First Name
ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Anyone else with the new Sky One-Touch roof experiencing water in their roll bar/cage? every i accelerate or brake hard, water either rushes to the front or rear of the jeep. it doesn't leak into the car but it make this "swoosh" sound every-time i drive. it's not only when it rains, its all the time, its like the water is trapped.

i tried opening the retractable roof to see where it is to perhaps vacuum it out, but cant seem to find.

i'd love any advice or feedback both how it's getting in and how to get it out.
thank you!
Sponsored

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler High Altitude Edition
Anyone else with the new Sky One-Touch roof experiencing water in their roll bar/cage? every i accelerate or brake hard, water either rushes to the front or rear of the jeep. it doesn't leak into the car but it make this "swoosh" sound every-time i drive. it's not only when it rains, its all the time, its like the water is trapped.

i tried opening the retractable roof to see where it is to perhaps vacuum it out, but cant seem to find.

thank you!
I have a similar issue. Water seeps in at the point of locking over the front passenger seat. When I move the car, it drips into the interior. I was advised by FCA customer support to bring the car into the dealer, which I am doing tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have a similar issue. Water seeps in at the point of locking over the front passenger seat. When I move the car, it drips into the interior. I was advised by FCA customer support to bring the car into the dealer, which I am doing tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say.
so what happened?

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer claims they addressed a seal issue from the mfg and now that the rainy season has come to Miami, I can say it worked. No leaks - even with torrential downpours.

ctaborda

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 430i Convertible 2019, Looking for a Sahara or Moab.
The dealer claims they addressed a seal issue from the mfg and now that the rainy season has come to Miami, I can say it worked. No leaks - even with torrential downpours.
Question for you Jeff. I’m also in Miami, and this summer has been brutal.

I’ve been considering the one touch roof but I’m afraid the AC will not cool as well.

Have you seen any difficulty in getting it cool, or it getting to hot when parked on the sun?

Sponsored

Fatboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab, 2014 Rubicon X
Vehicle Showcase

I’ve been considering the one touch roof but I’m afraid the AC will not cool as well.

Have you seen any difficulty in getting it cool, or it getting to hot when parked on the sun?
Hey ctaborda,

Had my Sky One-Touch in AR and moving to Fort Lauderdale. Compared to the JK's A/C, it is miles ahead, even with the Sky One top on the new Jeep over the hard top (w/Freedom tops) on my JK. In my opinion that Sky One is made for south Florida. So much easier to use on a daily basis with the pop-up rain/sun/rain/sun/etc.

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase

I have one in on my JL in Houston. It's really hot with high humidity. I haven't had any issues cooling with the AC. I usually use remote start a few minutes before if it's been in the sun. No leaks yet either.

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No issue - the interior cools efficiently, even when the car has been sitting in the sun.

Nicolas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon wit Sky One Touch

thank you!

Hi there - I got my Rubicon JL in Jan 2019. We had a cold winter here in Cologne Germany and I noticed water drops soaked with kind of a white powder (like chalk) all over the seats and roll bar. It appears to be condensed water-drops eventually dripping down from the Sky One Touch roof. it may be the moisture inside the vehicle.
It never happened again during this summer, but now temperatures are falling - so are again chalk containing drops all over on my seats and roll bars.

Anybody with a similar problem? Apart from this issue - the roof is genius - after one year , no problems what so ever but lots of fun

zingat

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Jeepster !
Vehicle Showcase
AHHH .... So that's what it is. I discovered some white residuals on the inner side of the rear left window yesterday and was wondering what the heck it was and where it came from. This is the first time it has happened ... maybe I need to inspect the interior more carefully.

Sponsored

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Resurrecting an old thread here to add that my One Touch roof is leaking. I can hear water sloshing back and forth in the channel up there somewhere. Hit the brakes and water comes flowing out from the upper corner A Pillar area.
Have an appointment for Tuesday.
Forecast is for rain all weekend.
:(

20210723_085328.jpg

20210723_085314.jpg

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Resurrecting an old thread here to add that my One Touch roof is leaking. I can hear water sloshing back and forth in the channel up there somewhere. Hit the brakes and water comes flowing out from the upper corner A Pillar area.
Have an appointment for Tuesday.
Forecast is for rain all weekend.
:(

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch roof - Water in roof/roll bar 20210723_085314

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch roof - Water in roof/roll bar 20210723_085314
No rain for my SOT yet, so cal and all that. Following to find what shakes out.