Sky one touch roof rattle?

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
Hey got my new jlu yesterday everything was great, what an improvement to the jk. Had the sky top down all day yesterday and earlier today then all of the sudden it started rattling above the passenger door, I had someone else drive to try to spot where it’s coming from and I can’t see anything moving. Definitely gonna take it in I think, but wondering if anyone had anything similar or a fix before I do. Thanks
Sponsored

WICKEDJL

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Have the same issue since day one. I took it in and they wasn’t sure what it was. I just haven’t made another appointment to get it fixed yet. If you do please let me know. Thanks

OP
OP
Agoergen

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
Things came up i think I’ll be to busy to take it in this week, I will comment again on this post when I finally do.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Hey got my new jlu yesterday everything was great, what an improvement to the jk. Had the sky top down all day yesterday and earlier today then all of the sudden it started rattling above the passenger door, I had someone else drive to try to spot where it’s coming from and I can’t see anything moving. Definitely gonna take it in I think, but wondering if anyone had anything similar or a fix before I do. Thanks
interesting fact about rattleling noises is that eventually lots of them go away , I would wait a bit before taking any action , my Jeep some days sounds like it is made of wood , I think it's the hard top but I am not worried, it eventually goes away

SDot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR HellaYella

Might sound like an obvious thing but check out the tracks the top open and closes on. I have a bunch of trees in my neighborhood and I find all kinds of little debris in there when I wash the jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agoergen

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
Have the same issue since day one. I took it in and they wasn’t sure what it was. I just haven’t made another appointment to get it fixed yet. If you do please let me know. Thanks

Finally got around to taking it to the dealer the other day, weather stripping was cut to short by the factory and that’s what caused the rattle dealer diagnosed and fixed in a day and a half.

MajorBulldog

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLUR 3.6L V6 (Me). 2016 BMW X5 (Wife).
Occupation
Software Field Applications Engineer for a large semiconductor company.
OP, has your rattle come back? I have the same issue now. It started after about 1500 miles. It only rattles when the top is open. If you could post a pic of the repair location, that would be great.

OP
OP
Agoergen

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
OP, has your rattle come back? I have the same issue now. It started after about 1500 miles. It only rattles when the top is open. If you could post a pic of the repair location, that would be great.
Rattle hasn’t come back. Don’t have a pic but they said it was the weather stripping cut too short by the factory on the passenger side, mine did it at all times though if yours is only open not sure it’s the same issue but probably worth it to bring it in being it’ll be a warranty repair. I had my jeep back in 2 days wasn’t a long wait.

Sponsored

MajorBulldog

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLUR 3.6L V6 (Me). 2016 BMW X5 (Wife).
Occupation
Software Field Applications Engineer for a large semiconductor company.
I have this rattle as well. I'll ask the dealer to take a look.
Is your rattle all the time or only when the sky top is open? There's posts about this on the JL Facebook group as well.

OP
OP
Agoergen

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
Mine is all the time. What is the consensus in the FB group? The dealer is looking at it today.
Mine for all the time was the weather stripping being too short and causing the rattle, not sure what the group’s consensus is.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Rattling or creaking? Mine started creaking and they replaced some part on it . . . good to go now.

OP
OP
Agoergen

Agoergen

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu sport
Rattling or creaking? Mine started creaking and they replaced some part on it . . . good to go now.
I’d definitely consider it a rattle, good to go as well now.
Sponsored