Sky one touch roof rattle?

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; R1200GSA; Goldwing
Mine creaks and rattles constantly. I just turn up the stereo. Dealership laughed when I asked them to look into it.
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Mine creaks and rattles constantly. I just turn up the stereo. Dealership laughed when I asked them to look into it.
That means they have nobody skilled at diagnosing that roof.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Have the same issue since day one. I took it in and they wasnā€™t sure what it was. I just havenā€™t made another appointment to get it fixed yet. If you do please let me know. Thanks
OP, has your rattle come back? I have the same issue now. It started after about 1500 miles. It only rattles when the top is open. If you could post a pic of the repair location, that would be great.
I have this rattle as well. I'll ask the dealer to take a look.
Hello everyone,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Jeep. Please know that our team is available via private message for additional support during your dealer visit. We would be happy to assist in addressing your concerns throughout your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

GibbonsMonkey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; R1200GSA; Goldwing
Hello everyone,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your Jeep. Please know that our team is available via private message for additional support during your dealer visit. We would be happy to assist in addressing your concerns throughout your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Does that apply to those of us that live in Americaā€™s hat? I was under the impression that Jeep Cares was US-only.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Don't forget to condition the seals. Especially when you've had the roof open and exposing them to the sun most of the summer.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does that apply to those of us that live in Americaā€™s hat? I was under the impression that Jeep Cares was US-only.
Thank you for clarifying your location, @GibbonsMonkey. While our team here is only able to assist customers within the United States, we recommend that you reach out to the customer care teams available in Canada by calling 1-800-465-2001.

Kathryn
JeepCares

ABart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
Occupation
janitor
I thought I was crazy, but I guess not. I have had my 2020 JLUR for 3 months and it has done all the same as everyone is describing since day 1. It's so annoying. I guess I need to take it into service for that and this horrible steering. Very disappointing.

Christian72

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2,0 T-GDI (MY20)
Hello everyone,

I have my JLU with Sky One Touch roof since November 2020.
Now, after the first 1000 miles it started rattling in the described area (passengerĀ“s side) when the roof is CLOSED. Today, I got almost crazy.

I will investigate the rattling myself, but I assume that I have to go to the dealer finally.

If someone has a solution, PLEASE share it with us. Thank you.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Mine rattles a lot when all the way open. Seems like the roller is not a tight fit in the track on one side and when it's catching the wind it rattles a ton. It also rattles when going slow on rougher pavement. When gong less than about 45 i can hear it over the wind noise. Really annoying when going slower on a gravel or dirt road.

Anyone have this addressed?

Link to a video I posted on the other SOT rattle thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-rattling-driving-me-nuts.33905/post-1693316

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine rattles a lot when all the way open. Seems like the roller is not a tight fit in the track on one side and when it's catching the wind it rattles a ton. It also rattles when going slow on rougher pavement. When gong less than about 45 i can hear it over the wind noise. Really annoying when going slower on a gravel or dirt road.

Anyone have this addressed?

Link to a video I posted on the other SOT rattle thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-rattling-driving-me-nuts.33905/post-1693316
Hi, df007. If you end up bringing your Jeep to a dealership for support with this and need our assistance, feel free to send us a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

crackedconch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Check out this diy fix...
I did this with Tesa cloth tape. It 100% fixed my SOT rattle.

One thing I did was also loosen the bolts in the back when you open the rear door. This allowed the front to have just a little more 'give' and a slightly larger gap to slide the tape in. Tip: I cut a piece of tape, and rested it on a business card with the sticky side up, slid it in, and then took a flat plastic trim tool to push up under the business card to stick the tape where I wanted it..