Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
After much trial and error, I have successfully installed a roof rack on to my JLUR! Thule offers three options on the foot depth. The long 365 (standard size is the 300) works perfectly! I paired it up with the extended Canyon YT basket. As a gutter mount, I think this will get me through the wait for a more permanent solution offered by Garmin, Gobi, etc.

Sponsored

Lolo5000

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Moab Edition, Jeep Compass
This is awesome. Thank you

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
After much trial and error, I have successfully installed a roof rack on to my JLUR! Thule offers three options on the foot depth. The long 365 (standard size is the 300) works perfectly! I paired it up with the extended Canyon YT basket. As a gutter mount, I think this will get me through the wait for a more permanent solution offered by Garmin, Gobi, etc.

sweet!

How does it drive though? is it loud?

Thank you!

RSenese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
sweet!

Thank you!
This is awesome thank you.

In theory then, if this is an 8" rack height, and a 70 inch basket, would it be safe to say that any 8" height and universal basket with a similar length would do the same?

I am looking for a more aggressive look on my Rubicon, so a different basket is desired for myself.
thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sweet!

Thank you!
Dude, it's loud! LOL. In the past I had a JK with the squared thule bars and it was loud as well. So, I knew it would be. But, the noise is definitely up there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is awesome thank you.

In theory then, if this is an 8" rack height, and a 70 inch basket, would it be safe to say that any 8" height and universal basket with a similar length would do the same?

I am looking for a more aggressive look on my Rubicon, so a different basket is desired for myself.
thank you
Based on what I have determined, I would say that would make sense. I too wanted a different basket, but I found it difficult to find one that long. I really wanted one to cover as much of the top as possible. I may swap it out at some point, but so far so good.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Dude, it's loud! LOL. In the past I had a JK with the squared thule bars and it was loud as well. So, I knew it would be. But, the noise is definitely up there.
Dang, may have to suck it up for trips but with kids and long distances it doesn’t sound fun

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the video. Garvin is supposed to have a safari cage th#t will work soon. But it has square tubing as well so it will be loud as shit also

Ski

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon unlimited, 2009 Nissan Maxima
Looks great, thanks for the post Ryno77, much appreciated!

Sponsored

Vezfly

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I have Thule wing bars for my F250, but need what foot pad you bought as my wife just got a one touch roof — can your share what part number on the foot pads your discussing here

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5M, BMW M4, BMW R1250GSA
What is the distance between the bars (the section where the basket sits)? Is it too long to support a RTT?

Lookjohitsarubicon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon unlimited
These are actually 953 gutter feet, which have been discontinued,and getting to be hard to find. There is a new style coming in october. Note that Thule mentions a max bar spread of 20 inches,on their standard height rack,for a 19 Jlu hard top,with 150 lb max load. Those rain gutters aren't made of steel,afterall. Hate to guess the cost of replacing something up there. A third crossbar might be a consideration if putting a basket up top.
I tried the new Mopar racks,which will work,if you don’t run the roof all the way back,but you run into spacing issues,and the clamp angle doesn’t fit the rain gutter properly. The rain gutter On the power top is a little different,than the standard hard top.

Munafs

First Name
Munaf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon 4dr

I saw 387 on Moosejaw. Do you think they could work? What’s your opinion so far? I am trying to have two kayak load word of total 150 lbs. would those gutters hold that much of load?

Munafs

First Name
Munaf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon 4dr

How was your experience with Thule 387. I was able to find 953 some how. I read somewhere that the gutters on the power roof are not the same as hard top. i am not sure what the difference is. Can you please share if your rack held up good. I am planning to just get the cross bar for a couple of kayaks.
Sponsored