Sky One Touch roof rack!

Munafs

First Name
Munaf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon 4dr
These are actually 953 gutter feet, which have been discontinued,and getting to be hard to find. There is a new style coming in october. Note that Thule mentions a max bar spread of 20 inches,on their standard height rack,for a 19 Jlu hard top,with 150 lb max load. Those rain gutters aren't made of steel,afterall. Hate to guess the cost of replacing something up there. A third crossbar might be a consideration if putting a basket up top.
I tried the new Mopar racks,which will work,if you don’t run the roof all the way back,but you run into spacing issues,and the clamp angle doesn’t fit the rain gutter properly. The rain gutter On the power top is a little different,than the standard hard top.
How was your experience with Thule 387. I was able to find 953 some how. I read somewhere that the gutters on the power roof are not the same as hard top. i am not sure what the difference is. Can you please share if your rack held up good. I am planning to just get the cross bar for a couple of kayaks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
How was your experience with Thule 387. I was able to find 953 some how. I read somewhere that the gutters on the power roof are not the same as hard top. i am not sure what the difference is. Can you please share if your rack held up good. I am planning to just get the cross bar for a couple of kayaks.
It has worked perfectly. I have yet to take them off for over a year with zero issues.

OP
OP
Ryno77

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I saw 387 on Moosejaw. Do you think they could work? What’s your opinion so far? I am trying to have two kayak load word of total 150 lbs. would those gutters hold that much of load?
I would think so. I run a Yakima basket and fishing rod vault at all times. It has to be 100 lbs or so.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
As I recently posted on several different threads (just trying to cover them all with good news), in July of 2021, THULE is coming out with an updated 300R 8" and 11" high Rain Gutter Mount that works with the whisper quiet THULE Aerobar and THULE EvoWing load bars (not the old, traditional "square" bars - which are loud as hell with a Sky Touch top). I just installed a beta product test sample directly from THULE last week on my 2020 Jeep RUBICON with the Sky Touch retractable top. The new mounts are absolutely awesome. They do not creak like my old THULE square bars, and the Aerobars hold up to 200 lbs of properly distributed weight. Most importantly, they are nearly silent at interstate speeds of up to 75 mph. Just a stellar new product. So stay on the look out for them later in 2021. I can't recommend them enough. Help is on the way!
Sponsored