Sponsored

Sky One-Touch Roof Leaking Again (Request that Jeep Convert it to a Hard Top?)

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've read some other people's issues on here & while this is "only" my third time experiencing a leak, it is getting quite frustrating. It seems like the leak occurs after frequent use as well. When I say frequent, I mean used maybe 2 or 3 times in a row & then not used for months on end. We hardly ever use it to be honest, but it is nice to have when you do want to use it. The front driver side has always been the issue when it comes to my 3 leaks.

I was batting around the idea of asking Jeep to convert it to a hardtop due to this reoccurring issue. What is your take on this? It's a great feature, but if I have to constantly worry about leaks happening after using it seldom, it's really of no use then. I have about 17,500 miles on my 2019. I doubt they'd bite "only" after 3 times coming back on the same issue, but IMO it would be a reasonable request & hopefully it would fix the leaking issue that seems to be popular with the Sky One-Touch Roof. I was seeing what others would say or if anyone has attempted or thought of this yet? Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
If I was you, I'd tell Jeep to buy the sky one touch top back, and use that money to get a powered soft top. I don't know how quiet the one touch tops are, but this is quieter than my hard top.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Make them fix it. Keep taking it back until it's right. If they can't make it right get a buy back and have another built.

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door
Vehicle Showcase
I've read some other people's issues on here & while this is "only" my third time experiencing a leak, it is getting quite frustrating. It seems like the leak occurs after frequent use as well. When I say frequent, I mean used maybe 2 or 3 times in a row & then not used for months on end. We hardly ever use it to be honest, but it is nice to have when you do want to use it. The front driver side has always been the issue when it comes to my 3 leaks.

I was batting around the idea of asking Jeep to convert it to a hardtop due to this reoccurring issue. What is your take on this? It's a great feature, but if I have to constantly worry about leaks happening after using it seldom, it's really of no use then. I have about 17,500 miles on my 2019. I doubt they'd bite "only" after 3 times coming back on the same issue, but IMO it would be a reasonable request & hopefully it would fix the leaking issue that seems to be popular with the Sky One-Touch Roof. I was seeing what others would say or if anyone has attempted or thought of this yet? Any feedback is appreciated.
Same issue here did you have them convert to hard top?

K16first1

First Name
Tia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2021
Same issue here did you have them convert to hard top?
I have a 2021 Wrangler and I am having the same exact issue on the driver side and front dashboard after only 2 times of using my one touch feature. It has been in the shop 3 x’s for the issue since December 2020. I definitely feel your frustration and I regret buying a new Jeep, I think the techs have driven my vehicle more than I have at this point.
Sponsored