First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
I have on order a sahara unlimited with sky one touch. I have to say I like the concept of it but I don't like the way it looks when removing the doors/side windows. (Wife's expensive choice as usual). Iv watched vidoes that said you CAN remove the sky one touch but it's not recommended and you shouldn't do it. I'm a pretty handy guy and I trust my self in doing so. I wanted to get feedback on anyone else who has the sky one touch that they removed and reinstalled with no problems. Thank you everyone!
Sponsored

Deleted member 72291

Check out these two videos from a guy whose done it to his 4xe. Just to note, he is a Jeep mechanic, so he’s definitely got more knowledge than the average Jeep owner.

Removing SOT:

Installing SOT:

OP
OP
Lusimo

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Check out these two videos from a guy whose done it to his 4xe. Just to note, he is a Jeep mechanic, so he’s definitely got more knowledge than the average Jeep owner.

Removing SOT:

Installing SOT:
Yes this was the exact video I watched. Looks easy enough 🤔.

Deleted member 72291

Yes this was the exact video I watched. Looks easy enough 🤔.
Haha yeah, I wouldn’t attempt it on my 4xe with the SOT. Personally, I dislike the look of the “naked” Jeep and LOVE the way mine looks with the SOT open, and the doors and back windows off. I just like the clean lines and the convenience of the SOT.

I see too many Jeep’s driving around with hard and soft tops closed on beautiful days and hitting the button to open my SOT makes my day every time.

OP
OP
Lusimo

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Haha yeah, I wouldn’t attempt it on my 4xe with the SOT. Personally, I dislike the look of the “naked” Jeep and LOVE the way mine looks with the SOT open, and the doors and back windows off. I just like the clean lines and the convenience of the SOT.

I see too many Jeep’s driving around with hard and soft tops closed on beautiful days and hitting the button to open my SOT makes my day every time.
Let me rephrase. I do like the look of it with the doors off but I'll rarely be doing that. With the side panels off is more where I'm concerned with the look. I know we made a great decision in getting it because where I live in Canada weather is so unpredictable. Do you have any pics of the look of it with just the side panels off? I can't really find clean distinct photos anywhere.

Sponsored

Deleted member 72291

Let me rephrase. I do like the look of it with the doors off but I'll rarely be doing that. With the side panels off is more where I'm concerned with the look. I know we made a great decision in getting it because where I live in Canada weather is so unpredictable. Do you have any pics of the look of it with just the side panels off? I can't really find clean distinct photos anywhere.
Sure! Here’s some pics of mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch removal? DD53DE56-92C7-42BC-A422-195E96BB2DDB
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch removal? 4C10CA59-CBD7-4637-BC82-B233D9EEBACF

OP
OP
Lusimo

Lusimo

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x3, Honda civic si
Occupation
Electrician
Here’s a couple of pics of my SOT with doors off and back windows out…rear doors are on to keep my young ones safe.

CB5A4F7B-7DC9-4B92-BE5A-A6DF35BEC481.jpeg

C806215F-A750-473E-9459-121AD9809B80.jpeg
Yes I have 10 month old twins. Always thought of that with just the front doors off never thought I'd see it though lol. Very clean jeep!

Sponsored

Kahunadave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Etorque; 2015 GrCherokee ltd 2wd
Occupation
Auto Lending

Removing SOT:

Installing SOT:
Awesome vid!! Will def be taking advantage of this when when the weather is right and i clean out the Garage and can keep my Jeep in there.

EvilJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
Did you end up removing it? I'm considering doing the same, but also installing a garage hoist so I can lift it off myself.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Did you end up removing it? I'm considering doing the same, but also installing a garage hoist so I can lift it off myself.
I hang mine in the shed with four tie down straps and a couple 2x3’s with eye hooks. If you separate the top section from the back it won’t take up much room. Someone posted a pic of theirs hanging in the garage with the back section attached, that would take up less room than a regular hardtop.
26E7A232-6443-452A-9DE8-6C21469BBEB6.jpeg

F92A047D-3188-44FE-A547-D7A8EC52F256.jpeg

Gregj

EvilJordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
I hang mine in the shed with four tie down straps and a couple 2x3’s with eye hooks. If you separate the top section from the back it won’t take up much room. Someone posted a pic of theirs hanging in the garage with the back section attached, that would take up less room than a regular hardtop.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch removal? F92A047D-3188-44FE-A547-D7A8EC52F256

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky one touch removal? F92A047D-3188-44FE-A547-D7A8EC52F256

Gregj
Beautiful!
Sponsored