Sponsored

Sky one touch rattling

Kimj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hello. I’ve had my jeep in 4 times now for the same problems. One was the passenger front tire making a chirping noise. They think they have figured out that it is a leaky shock and replaced (it’s a brand new 2021 jeep). They also said ball joints were lose

They cannot figure out my sky one touch problem. They say it’s fixed I pick up and nope the ticking sound is still there after 4 visits and over a month in the shop. It’s back in the shop and they are saying they are at a loss. Asked me what I want them to do.

it makes the metal on metal or plastic ticking sound from one of the bars that help retract the roof. It I put a little pressure on the bar I can get it to stop temporarily. Drives me crazy to hear this sound and it is on the metal bracket bar before the roll bar.

Has anyone had this happen.
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
It’s back in the shop and they are saying they are at a loss. Asked me what I want them to do.
Uh, fix it?

If you put pressure on one of the cross bars and it stops, is that not a clue for the dealer?

OP
OP

Kimj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Exactly. That’s what i said :(

I have taped the area that is making the sound and have even recorded what I hear.

I loved this jeep at first now im regretting the purchase They have it over a week each time. It’s already been a month on and off. I would be ok with that if they fixed it :(. I picked up yesterday and drove it 5 miles and opened the roof about 4 inches and closed it and bam there was the sound again. So I brought back immediately. They are saying except it to be here a while. Really but I still have to make the payments. Drives me crazy. I just want it fixed.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
If the dealer will not accept responsibility, you have 3 options:

1.) Live with it
2.) Fix it yourself
3.) Find a responsible dealer that will take ownership

cdg

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Hello. I’ve had my jeep in 4 times now for the same problems. One was the passenger front tire making a chirping noise. They think they have figured out that it is a leaky shock and replaced (it’s a brand new 2021 jeep). They also said ball joints were lose

They cannot figure out my sky one touch problem. They say it’s fixed I pick up and nope the ticking sound is still there after 4 visits and over a month in the shop. It’s back in the shop and they are saying they are at a loss. Asked me what I want them to do.

it makes the metal on metal or plastic ticking sound from one of the bars that help retract the roof. It I put a little pressure on the bar I can get it to stop temporarily. Drives me crazy to hear this sound and it is on the metal bracket bar before the roll bar.

Have the same exact problem with the power top. If I put a little pressure with 2 fingers up on the second bow closest to the sound bar sound goes away. It is like the second bow in bent but they have no idea how to fix it. Dealership said they did not know enough about the top to fix it. It has been out for 3 years now. surely there is at least one dealership somewhere that knows something.

Sponsored

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Have the same exact problem with the power top. If I put a little pressure with 2 fingers up on the second bow closest to the sound bar sound goes away. It is like the second bow in bent but they have no idea how to fix it. Dealership said they did not know enough about the top to fix it. It has been out for 3 years now. surely there is at least one dealership somewhere that knows something.
Mine rattles in the same spot. I’m making appointment Monday for leaks. There is TSB for bad seals. My carpet is wet front to back and water marks on rear seats and plastic.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I have the rattle too, from day one. Dealer says “cannot reproduce.”

safetyctre

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU, Sky Touch, Jeep half doors, Auto

'23 JLU: I have the same or similar sound over the driver side area, regardless One Touch if open or closed. Haven't been able to trace the sound location yet. I'll check the cross bars later today and will follow the thread.

safetyctre

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU, Sky Touch, Jeep half doors, Auto
I soo wish they had some type of activation light on the switch so I knew that it was in motion opening or on the way to closing! Just sayin'

BKLYNJeep23

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Patiently
I have this creak from the area by the sound bar cannot stop it. It’s so annoying. Tried to tighten the speakers etc.
Sponsored