Sponsored

Sky one touch rattling..driving me nuts!

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Guys,
I can confirm that applying Sil-Glyde to the bottom of the rear window seal and all the way around the 2 side removable panels has completely silenced my top!! I applied a good amount with my finger on all the rubber seals and like magic it's gone! Not sure how long it will last but at least it has worked for now.
Keep us posted
Sponsored

Simonsays

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have not tried that specific tape yet, but have done a test with two layers of duct tape with success. 500 miles of crappy Michigan roads and no squeaks at all. I drive down a dirt road with at least a mile of washboards on a regular basis, so a pretty severe profile.

Eliminating the metal to metal connection is part of the solution, I think the other is enough thickness to compress the latch spring enough to stop it bouncing.

I used black duct tape, cut to 1/2 inch strips, so it isn't visible at all. 5 min job. Still not my long term solution, but I am enjoying the peace an quiet right now.

Time to experiment with other solutions. No frustrating time consuming trips to the dealer required.

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not tried that specific tape yet, but have done a test with two layers of duct tape with success. 500 miles of crappy Michigan roads and no squeaks at all. I drive down a dirt road with at least a mile of washboards on a regular basis, so a pretty severe profile.

Eliminating the metal to metal connection is part of the solution, I think the other is enough thickness to compress the latch spring enough to stop it bouncing.

I used black duct tape, cut to 1/2 inch strips, so it isn't visible at all. 5 min job. Still not my long term solution, but I am enjoying the peace an quiet right now.

Time to experiment with other solutions. No frustrating time consuming trips to the dealer required.
Thank you for sharin . This squeak is driving me insane!! Can you upload a picture showing where you placed the tape? Thanks so much.

Simonsays

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thank you for sharin . This squeak is driving me insane!! Can you upload a picture showing where you placed the tape? Thanks so much.

Here you go. Again, not a long term solution, but a quick fix for now. It can't be seen easily

More to come

JL squeak.JPG

JL fix 1.jpg

JL fix 2.jpg

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. Again, not a long term solution, but a quick fix for now. It can't be seen easily

More to come

JL squeak.JPG

JL fix 1.jpg

JL fix 2.jpg
Thanks for sharing. I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Sponsored

JonzK

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara - One Touch Sky
This rattling issue drives me absolutely crazy!!! I purchased this vehicle in March and have taken in to 2 different dealerships.A total of 7 visits for this annoyance. Most recent( last 3) visits have been to the place of purchase. The rattle was first at the passenger side upper window area - and has shifted to mid and now toward rear and passenger. The dealership really thought they had it resolved. The rear no longer squeaks As Badly but it's like every single area of a bump or rough rode you can hear it still be there. Volume and conversation certainly doesn't allow you to ignore. It's frustrating that Jeep hasn't put a recall or bothered to do the research. It's pushing you towards the brink of filing a lemon lawsuit!!!!

gamecocks9799

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
Unfortunately, I have had this rattle from the passenger side track of the sky top (front seat). Everything is tight. The rattle occurs with the rear quarter panels in and out. The rattle cannot be stopped by holding anything (top support, rail, etc.
It will be going in to the Jeep service shortly. I love the top, but this is frustrating.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Unfortunately, I have had this rattle from the passenger side track of the sky top (front seat). Everything is tight. The rattle occurs with the rear quarter panels in and out. The rattle cannot be stopped by holding anything (top support, rail, etc.
It will be going in to the Jeep service shortly. I love the top, but this is frustrating.
Hi John,
We certainly understand your frustration. Please do not hesitate to contact us via PM if additional assistance is needed throughout your dealer visit.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door
Vehicle Showcase
I am so glad I found this thread. I have had my new 2020 Rubicon with one touch roof for exactly one week of which it spend 4 of 7 days at dealership twice for this same thing. First they replaced the seal on the back removable window and said fixed. I drove not even a mile and had to turn around and go back still there. Then they put the special vinyl tape by the latches and some padded tape By the rear door and it fixed it for maybe 5 min as soon as I hit a small bump it started with the awful squeaking. They said they are ordering a new part that should be in hopefully soon. It is making me nuts with the sound. Top up top down music loud and still I can hear it. I will try to get some of the lube mentioned above. I am sorry everyone else is having this too and I hope there is a fix soon. First time Jeep owner here and I love it but it needs to stop squeaking and rattling and making that awful high pitch sound.

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
I too have the rattle from the top near the passenger front seat. Was there any resolution? I’m about to take it in!
Thanks!

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Has anyone actually successfully fixed this? Also anyone with a 2020/2021 model experiencing this? Wondering if it mainly affected early builds.

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone actually successfully fixed this? Also anyone with a 2020/2021 model experiencing this? Wondering if it mainly affected early builds.
After 7 attempts at the dealership, this squeek has yet to stop. I own a 2020 JL Rubicon. Its really disappointing, especially considering I spent $62K for my fully loaded Jeep.
Sponsored