Sponsored

Sky one touch rattling..driving me nuts!

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
I had the side window rattle... I can report the WD40 sprayed on the metal window plates (4) solved the problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I had the side window rattle... I can report the WD40 sprayed on the metal window plates (4) solved the problem.
On the removable rear windows? I tried that and that’s not mine...mine sounds like rattling plastic, still there and need to take it to dealer...just busy/lazy

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
So my Sky one touch has been rattling ( plastic sounds) front driver corner...has 1000 miles.
Then It got around 58 degrees in Chicago and the rear quarter removable windows rattle now....WTF. I never even removed them yet. So I took both off today and nothing seems loose other that the lower part of window. Essentially if you kind push from the outside window inward the panel moves and makes the knocking noise i was hearing while driving. There is NO WAY to tighten this. Ugh!

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
picked up it the other day and was told they "replaced rear latch quarter window" - was included in the the warranty and have to say so far so good..!? hope this helps, if u need me to get any other info lemme know.
Do you know if they replaced the whole painted removable window or just the black latch? Thanks

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
So my Sky one touch has been rattling ( plastic sounds) front driver corner...has 1000 miles.
Then It got around 58 degrees in Chicago and the rear quarter removable windows rattle now....WTF. I never even removed them yet. So I took both off today and nothing seems loose other that the lower part of window. Essentially if you kind push from the outside window inward the panel moves and makes the knocking noise i was hearing while driving. There is NO WAY to tighten this. Ugh!
I get the same in the driver side...kinda gotten used to it and dont want to take it in but I will for oil change and go from there

Sponsored

sbco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sky One Touch
I have had the same issue and Jeep has opened a star case after my second appointment to find a fix. I got a call from a customer care representative that said a potential solution has been sent to the dealer. Essentially it sounds like they are going to add some foam/insulation around the window area - I thought it was the latches but may also be the whole window panel rattling.

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I have had the same issue and Jeep has opened a star case after my second appointment to find a fix. I got a call from a customer care representative that said a potential solution has been sent to the dealer. Essentially it sounds like they are going to add some foam/insulation around the window area - I thought it was the latches but may also be the whole window panel rattling.
Mine does the same thing.. Please report back with pics of what they did if it works please.. I noticed that if it's raining or the top is wet then the noise goes away.. So freakin annoying!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine does the same thing.. Please report back with pics of what they did if it works please.. I noticed that if it's raining or the top is wet then the noise goes away.. So freakin annoying!
Hi Bricazo,
We certainly understand your frustration. As mentioned to your fellow forum members, if you need any assistance while working with your dealer, feel free to send us a PM!
Alex
Jeep Cares

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Take it to the dealership and they will fix it. Mine had the same issue on the passenger side. It’s quiet now unless I hit a large bump/pothole
Do you know what your dealership did to resolve the issue? I have same issue, took it to dealer and issue is still not fixed. Still hear crazy high/low pitch squeaking sounds coming from passenger side quarter panel window - latch area.

sbco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sky One Touch
Hi All - I'm sad to say after another appointment with my dealership the solution did not fix the rattle and now I have multiple chips on my painted side panels. I dropped my Jeep off today to have the solution applied which has an open Star case with Chrysler. The dealership added some additional weather stripping to hold the side panels more securely. Within driving 5 minutes from the dealership the squeak and rattle was back - upon investigating and taking the panels out to see what they did I noticed multiple scratches and chips in the paint as if they were sat on ground without protection. To date I have been a big Jeep fan but it seems this top was released without testing. After spending nearly $60k I'm quite upset and hope Jeep finds a solution soon.

Has anyone found a long term solution yet?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Hi All - I'm sad to say after another appointment with my dealership the solution is not fixed and now I have multiple chips on my painted side panels. I dropped my Jeep off today to have the solution addressed which has an open Star case with Chrysler. The dealership added some additional weather stripping to hold the side panels more securely. Within driving 5 minutes from the dealership the squeak and rattle was back - upon investigating and taking the panels out to see what they did I noticed multiple scratches and chips in the paint as if they were sat down on concretion without protection. To date I have been a big Jeep fan but it seems this top was released without testing. After spending nearly $60k I'm quite upset and hope Jeep finds a solution soon.

Has anyone found a long term solution yet?
are you talking about the rear side windows? That doesn't seem to be the issue for me :(

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Picked up my JLUR last Thursday, on Monday I noticed a rattling noise that’s been driving me crazy..just now as we head to dinner I let my wife drive and I went in the back....the source seems to be the latch near the driver side removable window for the sky touch...not 100% but seemed to get better once I undid it.

I paid 55k after all discounts and it drives me nuts that at 400 miles this 61k car is already rattling...love it otherwise

Help!

96C36384-13D2-4451-927C-C2C425B2113D.jpeg
Turn the radio up you won't hear it anymore !

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Guys... I thought all my rattling was coming from the side windows.. Turns out the seal where the rear window meets the tailgate was also making noise.. I applied some Sil Glyde I got from amazon with a paper towel to the entire rubber seal and it stopped.. Going to do the same to the side windows once it stops raining here.. Even if it works for a few month its worth it to just re apply. I would give it a shot!

https://www.amazon.com/AGS-SG8-Lubr...rd_r=B8BX2AYB16E0DV7WGNZ8&qid=1572531539&s=hi

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Guys... I thought all my rattling was coming from the side windows.. Turns out the seal where the rear window meets the tailgate was also making noise.. I applied some Sil Glyde I got from amazon with a paper towel to the entire rubber seal and it stopped.. Going to do the same to the side windows once it stops raining here.. Even if it works for a few month its worth it to just re apply. I would give it a shot!

https://www.amazon.com/AGS-SG8-Lubr...rd_r=B8BX2AYB16E0DV7WGNZ8&qid=1572531539&s=hi
can you please take a pic of the area?

I have a rattle near the front, both driver and passenger side

Bricazo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
can you please take a pic of the area?

I have a rattle near the front, both driver and passenger side
its the rubber strip along the bottom of the back window.. Open the tail gate and its on the bottom of the glass where the gate touches it..
Sponsored