Sponsored

Sky one touch rattling..driving me nuts!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
MoJoJoJoJeep and JeepCares - any luck with a fix? I’m on trip 4 or 5 now with two drive alongs with the service tech to find the noise. I had a trim piece that was loose, replaced now, and the noise comes back over the front passenger door with the top retracted. Additional noise is above the passenger rear door/rear window area and they think there is a washer missing. The tech put a few pieces of paper shimmed in there to see if it goes away. It kind of did, but still wondering why there are pieces missing on the assembly?? I live in a small town and this is the first SkyOne-touch power top that they have seen and are really lost on a fix. I have a third noise coming from the passenger rear window and am so frustrated! Why is the drivers side so solid and only the Passenger side is making noise?
Sorry to hear of your concerns, Pabst113! Send our team a private message with more details so we can assist further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Make the dealer buy it back and have them give you a complimentary soft top. Then sell that brand new soft top for 1500-2000 and use the money to get a mytop powered soft top

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
Sorry to hear of your concerns, Pabst113! Send our team a private message with more details so we can assist further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I already sent a private message a few days ago but will resend.
Thanks!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I already sent a private message a few days ago but will resend.
Thanks!
Sorry, Pabst113! I see it now and will follow up with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, Pabst113! I see it now and will follow up with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I am stillworking with JEEP care and my dealership but we cannot determine the cause and fix for my rather annoying squeaking from the rear passenger door area of the top. The next step is to use a syringe and water to lubricate some areas of the top and if the squeaking goes away they’ll use LockTite 290injected to seal it. Has anyone else experienced this? Video attached should have the annoying noise that visits with every bump.

Sponsored

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door
Vehicle Showcase
I am stillworking with JEEP care and my dealership but we cannot determine the cause and fix for my rather annoying squeaking from the rear passenger door area of the top. The next step is to use a syringe and water to lubricate some areas of the top and if the squeaking goes away they’ll use LockTite 290injected to seal it. Has anyone else experienced this? Video attached should have the annoying noise that visits with every bump.

[/QUOTE

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MoJoJoJoJeep - did you have an idea about it? It looks like your reply didn’t go thru.

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I had that sound it seemed to come from the pins at the rear windows that are removable. Have you tried the Teflon tape there? Or a replacement latch?
MoJoJoJoJeep - did you have an idea about it? It looks like your reply didn’t go thru.
e at those pins?

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am going to try that. My Jeep came with the Teflon tape on the latch mounts. I’m going to take the window out and see if the noise disappears. Thanks for the info, maybe it’s just the latch!

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am going to try that. My Jeep came with the Teflon tape on the latch mounts. I’m going to take the window out and see if the noise disappears. Thanks for the info, maybe it’s just the latch!
Well, the latch seems to be the issue. I have the Teflon tape, but I had my son in latch the window while the noise was going on. Immediately after he unlocked it, the noise stopped. It stayed away for a bit and then returned. I unlocked/locked it again and the noise stopped for a bit then returned. Looks like the latch to me! Thanks for the input MoJoJoJoJeep!

Sponsored

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the latch seems to be the issue. I have the Teflon tape, but I had my son in latch the window while the noise was going on. Immediately after he unlocked it, the noise stopped. It stayed away for a bit and then returned. I unlocked/locked it again and the noise stopped for a bit then returned. Looks like the latch to me! Thanks for the input MoJoJoJoJeep!
I’m so happy you found the sound

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I've also been "chasing" a latch rattle. I tried the anti-stick tape all over it, then I bought new latches and it still returned. This weekend I took all the tape off the latch and matching side of the steel strike plate, and instead unbolted the steel strike plate form the top and put some tape on the two sides of the strike plate where it mates to the top itself, then bolted it back in place, pushing it firmly into the matching top profile. So far it's been a few days and my rattle has not returned.

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've also been "chasing" a latch rattle. I tried the anti-stick tape all over it, then I bought new latches and it still returned. This weekend I took all the tape off the latch and matching side of the steel strike plate, and instead unbolted the steel strike plate form the top and put some tape on the two sides of the strike plate where it mates to the top itself, then bolted it back in place, pushing it firmly into the matching top profile. So far it's been a few days and my rattle has not returned.
That makes sense...where’d you find the Teflon tape? I haven’t been back to my dealer yet since I’m out of town now, it want to have a solid plan for when I return to rid the Jeep from the one thing I strongly dislike about it!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
That makes sense...where’d you find the Teflon tape? I haven’t been back to my dealer yet since I’m out of town now, it want to have a solid plan for when I return to rid the Jeep from the one thing I strongly dislike about it!
I used this stuff

TapeCase - 1-5-423-5 423-5 UHMW Tape Roll 1 in. (W) x 15 ft. (L) - Abrasion Resistant High Tack Acrylic Adhesive. Sealants and Tapes

by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00823JF0S/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_EE5DX44VQX4EGXKCXP9B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For the couple things I mentioned, those definitely were actual fixes for me. Mine technically was 2 visits for the sky top making the noise. One for them to diagnose and the next once the foam came in for them to do the repair. The other one I fixed on my own lol. I had immediately starting noticing the rear removable window area making noise after the top noise was fixed! Luckily I solved that quickly, but that has lasted for 6 months now! The sky top fix the dealer did has been perfect ever since. I think getting every dealership to understand what we try to explain to them is part of the problem.. luckily my dealer knew immediately what I was describing since they said the 2019 Jeeps had the same issue. Would have been nice for jeep to fix that for my 2020! Lol
I had issues with the selling dealer not confirming problems with the Wrangler. Turns out their service drive was only 6 minutes long, at low speed on smooth roads.

I wish they would allow me to ride along to show the tech when problems occur. Like highway speed for steering issues....
Dave
Sponsored