Sponsored

Sky one touch rattling..driving me nuts!

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Has anyone actually successfully fixed this? Also anyone with a 2020/2021 model experiencing this? Wondering if it mainly affected early builds.
Yep, I have a 2020 rubicon with sky one touch. And I had same issue when I brought mine home in June. I sprayed some silicone lubricant inside the pin on the handle that goes against the interior of window and pushed it in and out several times to work the lube into it. That immediately fixed the noise and I have not had it since. This fixed the noise coming from the rear removable windows on my jeep. I posted again about the squeak I was experiencing from the top itself in the front of the truck!
Sponsored

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too have the rattle from the top near the passenger front seat. Was there any resolution? Iā€™m about to take it in!
Thanks!
This issue I also had. 2020 rubicon with sky one touch. They had to put some foam in between the sky one touch roof and the painted roll bars on top. They did that under warranty and that completely fixed the noise for me!

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
This issue I also had. 2020 rubicon with sky one touch. They had to put some foam in between the sky one touch roof and the painted roll bars on top. They did that under warranty and that completely fixed the noise for me!
Do you mind finding out what the dealer used and if the dealer got the fix from Jeep Corporate? This would be greatly appreciated.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mind finding out what the dealer used and if the dealer got the fix from Jeep Corporate? This would be greatly appreciated.
Yes! They said it was some sort of recall or bulletin and that corporate gave them to fix! They had to order the foam and called me when it was in and they kept it for a day to do it. But gave me a loaner for the day. Oh! And I was only hearing the noise from the passenger front seat above door, but they fixed both sides because they said it will likely happen on other side as well! I didnā€™t get a receipt though, but know the advisor told me it was a thin foam they just put in between. He said the noise happens from the plastic top rubbing on the paint.

awarsaw88

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Yes! They said it was some sort of recall or bulletin and that corporate gave them to fix! They had to order the foam and called me when it was in and they kept it for a day to do it. But gave me a loaner for the day. Oh! And I was only hearing the noise from the passenger front seat above door, but they fixed both sides because they said it will likely happen on other side as well! I didnā€™t get a receipt though, but know the advisor told me it was a thin foam they just put in between. He said the noise happens from the plastic top rubbing on the paint.
Thank you sooooo much!

Sponsored

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you sooooo much!
No problem! I really wish I would have seen this thread sooner, I know how annoying that noise is. It really drove me crazy!!! Hopefully jeep figures out fix for this while being made so people donā€™t have to keep going nuts trying to find a solution.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Ah so looks like a few of you have been to the dealer several times and still no fix? Or is there now an official fix they can do? I donā€™t want to be one of the unlucky ones stuck with a squeak and 5+ trips to the dealer with no fix.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah so looks like a few of you have been to the dealer several times and still no fix? Or is there now an official fix they can do? I donā€™t want to be one of the unlucky ones stuck with a squeak and 5+ trips to the dealer with no fix.
For the couple things I mentioned, those definitely were actual fixes for me. Mine technically was 2 visits for the sky top making the noise. One for them to diagnose and the next once the foam came in for them to do the repair. The other one I fixed on my own lol. I had immediately starting noticing the rear removable window area making noise after the top noise was fixed! Luckily I solved that quickly, but that has lasted for 6 months now! The sky top fix the dealer did has been perfect ever since. I think getting every dealership to understand what we try to explain to them is part of the problem.. luckily my dealer knew immediately what I was describing since they said the 2019 Jeeps had the same issue. Would have been nice for jeep to fix that for my 2020! Lol

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willyā€™s
For the couple things I mentioned, those definitely were actual fixes for me. Mine technically was 2 visits for the sky top making the noise. One for them to diagnose and the next once the foam came in for them to do the repair. The other one I fixed on my own lol. I had immediately starting noticing the rear removable window area making noise after the top noise was fixed! Luckily I solved that quickly, but that has lasted for 6 months now! The sky top fix the dealer did has been perfect ever since. I think getting every dealership to understand what we try to explain to them is part of the problem.. luckily my dealer knew immediately what I was describing since they said the 2019 Jeeps had the same issue. Would have been nice for jeep to fix that for my 2020! Lol
My dealership couldnā€™t figure out the squeaking/chattering. Naturally, it wasnā€™t as loud/persistent with the cold weather I guess so I went and drive it with them for an hour. I had a trim screw that was too tight and pulled through the plastic on the roll bar. Theyā€™re ordering a new trim piece as they think thatā€™s the reason, but in the meantime I threw a larger washer on it and it seemed to help. Iā€™m still sure that the foam would help too! If someone can send the service bulletin that would be helpful!

thanks!

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealership couldnā€™t figure out the squeaking/chattering. Naturally, it wasnā€™t as loud/persistent with the cold weather I guess so I went and drive it with them for an hour. I had a trim screw that was too tight and pulled through the plastic on the roll bar. Theyā€™re ordering a new trim piece as they think thatā€™s the reason, but in the meantime I threw a larger washer on it and it seemed to help. Iā€™m still sure that the foam would help too! If someone can send the service bulletin that would be helpful!

thanks!
Iā€™m sorry, after searching and searching I canā€™t find any tsb information!! I can tell you the dealer I got mine done at and maybe if your dealer has no idea what it is maybe they can call them to ask?? My dealer is Sam Leman Jeep in Bloomington, IL. (I actually drove an hour and a half there to buy my Jeep Bc I had to have the blue and sky one touch roof!!) šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m sorry, after searching and searching I canā€™t find any tsb information!! I can tell you the dealer I got mine done at and maybe if your dealer has no idea what it is maybe they can call them to ask?? My dealer is Sam Leman Jeep in Bloomington, IL. (I actually drove an hour and a half there to buy my Jeep Bc I had to have the blue and sky one touch roof!!) šŸ¤£
Thanks! Iā€™ll send that info to my dealer...2 hr drive today and no rattle with my washer modification!!

Robbys3m3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I used the slyglide on all metal to metal spots back there and I made the rattle 75% better so far....reading back that sounds kinda bad:)

MoJoJoJoJeep

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been in 15 times and 3 different dealerships. I have had a new roof replacement, extra foam, special tape, new rear window latches, tighten all the rails and bolts, and just got it back again. I bought it in June 2020 and took it back the first time the day after delivery For the roof and rear window issues. Arghhhhh so frustrating as it was supposed to fix it this time and it still rattles and squeaks. Has anyone had a resolution?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine has been in 15 times and 3 different dealerships. I have had a new roof replacement, extra foam, special tape, new rear window latches, tighten all the rails and bolts, and just got it back again. I bought it in June 2020 and took it back the first time the day after delivery For the roof and rear window issues. Arghhhhh so frustrating as it was supposed to fix it this time and it still rattles and squeaks. Has anyone had a resolution?
Are you still experiencing concerns at this time, MoJoJoJoJeep? If so, send our team a private message. Although we cannot guarnuntee any certain outcome, we would like to look into this further with you.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you still experiencing concerns at this time, MoJoJoJoJeep? If so, send our team a private message. Although we cannot guarnuntee any certain outcome, we would like to look into this further with you.

Kate
Jeep Cares
MoJoJoJoJeep and JeepCares - any luck with a fix? Iā€™m on trip 4 or 5 now with two drive alongs with the service tech to find the noise. I had a trim piece that was loose, replaced now, and the noise comes back over the front passenger door with the top retracted. Additional noise is above the passenger rear door/rear window area and they think there is a washer missing. The tech put a few pieces of paper shimmed in there to see if it goes away. It kind of did, but still wondering why there are pieces missing on the assembly?? I live in a small town and this is the first SkyOne-touch power top that they have seen and are really lost on a fix. I have a third noise coming from the passenger rear window and am so frustrated! Why is the drivers side so solid and only the Passenger side is making noise?
Sponsored