Sky one touch rattling..driving me nuts!

#1 for me

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I had issues with the selling dealer not confirming problems with the Wrangler. Turns out their service drive was only 6 minutes long, at low speed on smooth roads.

I wish they would allow me to ride along to show the tech when problems occur. Like highway speed for steering issues....
Dave
What is their reason you can't ride with them ?

Advertisement

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What is their reason you can't ride with them ?
First--I'm in Canada. So Jeep Canada is a different company. When I escalated my problem to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care things happened. It helped that I had talked here to @JeepCares
Second--The first dealer claims insurance won't allow it. We found another dealer that does service work really well. I'm really pleased. They changed the steering gear.
However, now with Covid going on it makes no sense to ride with someone I don't know. We've been locked down--again--and there are really restrictions on what we can do.

I'm grateful that the steering gear was replaced. Next time the Jeep is in for Service I shall get proof that the software was upgraded. It's shown on the work order as complete. I can't hear the power steering pump running, and that was suggested here as proof that the upgrade wasn't done.

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I had issues with the selling dealer not confirming problems with the Wrangler. Turns out their service drive was only 6 minutes long, at low speed on smooth roads.

I wish they would allow me to ride along to show the tech when problems occur. Like highway speed for steering issues....
Dave
Yes!! It happened when going over bumps and certain speeds! And not during smooth driving!

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Try some wd-40 in the pin and push it in and put several times to work it in- that or silicon lubricant spray. I did that to mine and it went away
Well, the latch seems to be the issue. I have the Teflon tape, but I had my son in latch the window while the noise was going on. Immediately after he unlocked it, the noise stopped. It stayed away for a bit and then returned. I unlocked/locked it again and the noise stopped for a bit then returned. Looks like the latch to me! Thanks for the input MoJoJoJoJeep!

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes!! It happened when going over bumps and certain speeds! And not during smooth driving!
Had a friend who had been a Mercedes dealer.
He suggested for rattles and wind leaks to take liquid glycerine (bought it at a drug store) and apply a bit to rubber seals on doors and such.
I've done it ever since. It really works.
He said that silicone might attack rubber. Glicerine was better.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement