OP
OP
Sky Top

Sky Top

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sky One Touch Power Top
There is not a listed weight capacity in the specifications. The feet and bar are just called "heavy duty." However, I'm 250 lbs and I stood on them while on the jeep and they didn't budge.

I ordered a basket for the top. I will post a photo of me sitting in the basket, on the jeep, when it arrives next week.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Yakima also makes a guttermount roof rack very similar to this, that has footer extensions. That is my set up, with a Yakima LoadWarrior Basket.

I think the static weight is 800lbs (I would NEVER put that much weight on the fiberglass gutters), but the dynamic weight, which is a more realistic measurement, is about 250.

Looks like this RhinoRack system is solid tho! Nice choice.

JeepGirl007

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5, 98 Sahara, 2003 GC, 2013 GC Overland, 2020 Rubicon Diesel - ordered 11/30/19
Occupation
Physician
What is the width of the heavy-duty crossbars on this set up (59")??

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I suppose you are asking about the RhinoRack set up, but my Yakima Crossbars are 58 inches.

JeepGirl007

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5, 98 Sahara, 2003 GC, 2013 GC Overland, 2020 Rubicon Diesel - ordered 11/30/19
Occupation
Physician
I suppose you are asking about the RhinoRack set up, but my Yakima Crossbars are 58 inches.
Yes, I'm looking to get the Rhino-Rack set up for my 4-door Diesel Rubicon with the One Touch Sky top. Get the 210mm legs, and then the 59" crossbars?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Yes, I'm looking to get the Rhino-Rack set up for my 4-door Diesel Rubicon with the One Touch Sky top. Get the 210mm legs, and then the 59" crossbars?
Yes, 59 is sufficient if you are only putting things on top of the crossbars.

However, If you are considering mounting an awning on the side (now or in the future) look into how much additional space on the crossbars the awning of your choice will need.

Good luck! Post pics!

MacnMoses

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
What's the total ground to top of bar height? If you have a lift or non-factory tire/wheels you can disregard this question.

Sponsored

JeepGirl007

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician
Yes, 59 is sufficient if you are only putting things on top of the crossbars.

However, If you are considering mounting an awning on the side (now or in the future) look into how much additional space on the crossbars the awning of your choice will need.

Good luck! Post pics!
OK so this rack whistles like crazy; what do I do about that?? Do I need to get the aero bars and a wind deflector??

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Yeah because of the noise I just use the regular Mopar one and remove it when I'm done. I just don't open the top with it on.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yakima also makes a guttermount roof rack very similar to this, that has footer extensions. That is my set up, with a Yakima LoadWarrior Basket.

I think the static weight is 800lbs (I would NEVER put that much weight on the fiberglass gutters), but the dynamic weight, which is a more realistic measurement, is about 250.

Looks like this RhinoRack system is solid tho! Nice choice.
Curious...I always thought Bull that the weak link in weight here was the gutter's of the hard top themselves......guess not...

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
OK so this rack whistles like crazy; what do I do about that?? Do I need to get the aero bars and a wind deflector??
I've been thinking about that too Leslie. Any wind foil/air deflector that hangs off of the more forward of the cross members would get in the way of opening the power top, right?

There have been a couple of roof rack vendors--I have to see if I can find them--that will sell you only the part of their roof rack that gets connected in front to the cowl. Perhaps an air foil/wind deflector could be attached to just such a piece of hardware.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler