Sky One-Touch Power-Top removal issues?

BareBottom

First Name
Nudels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392 XR HEMI
How many issues have been related to removing this top and re-installing. I was going to order this roof on my new Jeep. I was told by dealership it could not be removed.
Now I would like to purchase Sky One-Touch Power-Top, as I have the dual top ordered, I am currently 5 weeks into the order and I was told I can not change it at this time. I told the dealership I would like to purchase the roof additional with the build and they said they were not sure If I could do that. I was told If I wanted the one touch I would have to cancel my original order and start over.

Does anybody have any insight into this or where I may could purchase an OEM Top?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

There are threads on here from owners who converted from a soft top or a hardtop to a SOT.

I can’t imagine it would be cheap, but apparently it can be done.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
There's a guy on Youtube that removed his and put it back on. It's not an easy process.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
it can be removed, but it is not intended to be removed, not sure why anyone would want to remove it.

if you want to go topless, it's best to choose the Hard top and or Soft top

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Meh, I put mine back on Sunday after having the softtop on for the nice fall weather. It’s not much more difficult than a regular hardtop. I bought/ traded for two SOT’s and have installed and removed mine a couple times.
A86764F8-AD03-4E32-A3E2-3C2651886FF2.jpeg
3879B35E-7D13-4E59-8D89-E4D6EE3DD3E0.jpeg
D1286CCE-D98A-4600-9BD3-8E8E79E88AC1.jpeg

Gregj

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
Meh, I put mine back on Sunday after having the softtop on for the nice fall weather. It’s not much more difficult than a regular hardtop. I bought/ traded for two SOT’s and have installed and removed mine a couple times.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch Power-Top removal issues? D1286CCE-D98A-4600-9BD3-8E8E79E88AC1
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch Power-Top removal issues? D1286CCE-D98A-4600-9BD3-8E8E79E88AC1

Gregj
People just can't believe you can remove this top and there really is nothing to it, once you have the correct wire harness and trim panel. Dealers will tell them you can't do it because they don't want to get involved in it. Glad someone else out there has done it and can help others!! Good looking Jeeps too!!![/QUOTE]

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This last R&R has me thinking of relocating the switch so I can run the regular hardtop too. I am going to make some mods to the header panel to make it easier to remove the striker brackets.
Gregj

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
People just can't believe you can remove this top and there really is nothing to it, once you have the correct wire harness and trim panel. Dealers will tell them you can't do it because they don't want to get involved in it. Glad someone else out there has done it and can help others!! Good looking Jeeps too!!!
[/QUOTE]
I would suspect the REAL reason is, if they say you cannot do it and you do, then they don't have to warranty it if they can prove its due to removal/line up issues.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suspect the REAL reason is, if they say you cannot do it and you do, then they don't have to warranty it if they can prove its due to removal/line up issues.
[/QUOTE]
There are NO “Line-up” issues.
Gregj

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the video I referenced that shows the process.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Gregj
[/QUOTE]
If the dealership says there is, how will you argue that?

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gregj
If the dealership says there is, how will you argue that?
[/QUOTE]
I am not worried about what the dealer says because they will not be working on my Jeep. I get my own satisfaction from tinkering. If you are one who relies on others to work on your Jeep then I suggest you do not modify it.
Gregj

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor

Gregj
Did you remove it in one piece similar to a standard hard top, or in multiple pieces as shown in the video posted in this thread?

I found a fully-loaded Willys with the same color & options I chose for our Sahara Altitude order that has yet to enter the build process. The only difference is it has the SOT top. I have the dual tops ordered on our SA because I like to remove the hard top completely for Spring-Fall and put the soft top on. If I decide to check out this Willys, I'd like to be able to remove the top completely.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you remove it in one piece similar to a standard hard top, or in multiple pieces as shown in the video posted in this thread?

I found a fully-loaded Willys with the same color & options I chose for our Sahara Altitude order that has yet to enter the build process. The only difference is it has the SOT top. I have the dual tops ordered on our SA because I like to remove the hard top completely for Spring-Fall and put the soft top on. If I decide to check out this Willys, I'd like to be able to remove the top completely.
I wouldn’t try to take it off in one piece, besides it is easier to store in two pieces (well, four if you count the quarter windows. I hung mine from the ceiling in my shed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky One-Touch Power-Top removal issues? B79A6CE5-1183-488C-BB48-2AE08645716C

i like the softtop in summer too.
Gregj
Sponsored