Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I just received some very bad news about the Sky One Touch Power-Top:

Production poushed back from May 15 to July, August, or maybe even September!

This comes from Nicole at the Jeep Product Information Center:

"Please be advised, the Sky-One Touch Power Top is a late availability feature for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year. With that being said, our resources indicate that the Sky-One Touch Power Top is slated to become available for factory order sometime within the 3rd Quarter of 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change."

I guess Sky One-Touch Power Top buyers now join in with some other Jeep groups in the waiting game.
Sponsored

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
You can’t even order a 2018 past August. Ridiculous!

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
This is so disappointing! Sadly, they know people like us who are waiting for this feature will still wait. I’m sure I will just wait to order a 2019 at this point.

Mratner

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk sahara
This is so disappointing! Sadly, they know people like us who are waiting for this feature will still wait. I’m sure I will just wait to order a 2019 at this point.
You mean they need to solve water pouring onto dash and other tech issues before they sell it. I'm sure they are more upset losing revenue then us waiting a few months for a product that needs to be executed right.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just received some very bad news about the Sky One Touch Power-Top:

Production poushed back from May 15 to July, August, or maybe even September!

This comes from Nicole at the Jeep Product Information Center:

"Please be advised, the Sky-One Touch Power Top is a late availability feature for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler/Wrangler Unlimited model year. With that being said, our resources indicate that the Sky-One Touch Power Top is slated to become available for factory order sometime within the 3rd Quarter of 2018. Please keep in mind as this timing is projected, it is subject to change."

I guess Sky One-Touch Power Top buyers now join in with some other Jeep groups in the waiting game.
Just out
You mean they need to solve water pouring onto dash and other tech issues before they sell it. I'm sure they are more upset losing revenue then us waiting a few months for a product that needs to be executed right.
Just out of curiosity but if you get this feature am I correct in saying you can only remove the back side windows? So essentially you cant truly go topless?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just out

Just out of curiosity but if you get this feature am I correct in saying you can only remove the back side windows? So essentially you cant truly go topless?
Yes. You can never go completely topless.

There is pretty good visibility with the top opened up and the doors and the rear side windows removed.
The advantage is the speed of raising and lowering the top. Earlier this week it was 80° and wanted to take the two freedom front panels off, but I could not spare 4 minutes to take them off. With Sky One Touch Power Top, I would have been partially topless with the press of a button while I drive away.

b88e5be8d717a56033786c54e8afc031x.jpg
20171209143547-ad035cb2.jpg
JL-Sky-One-Touch-Power-Sliding-Soft-Top-3-595x434.jpg

Last edited:

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I'm now showing in FCA materials the power top launch as July 9th.

As always, production timing is subject to change (as you know, our earlier announcement about this was an old launch date that got pushed back).

Let's hope the July 9th date keeps.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Is launch date the date in which orders can be placed or the date we will see it on the road? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
For what it’s worth here is my response on Facebook messenger.

CA3A13DB-7A57-429D-9192-03EAFE497C31.png

Irishisrsmilin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Has anyone tried this automatic top? I actually prefer this one more.
https://mytop.us/
Or does anyone know how the auto top will attach? ie. the same place the hard top rear defrost attaches? In which case, you could buy the 2018 soft top with it wired for the hard top. Then purchase the automatic top when they come out with it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Or does anyone know how the auto top will attach? ie. the same place the hard top rear defrost attaches? In which case, you could buy the 2018 soft top with it wired for the hard top. Then purchase the automatic top when they come out with it.
You Sky One-Touch Power Top is a built-in permanent soft top that has been available to order as a Jeep option for about a week. If and when Jeep or Mopar ever offers the Sky One-Touch Power Top as an aftermarket feature it will likely need to be installed by the dealer due to a complex alignment.
It appears the top attaches to a frame that attaches to the roll cage, sports bar, and the front windshield frame. Since the rear window cannot be removed I am guessing an aft roll cage frame supports the rear window assembly.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
You can order the 2018 mytop for the JL now

mmazz22

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I looked at video of the new soft top. It is much easier but I know I would still hate it. I am holding out for the power top.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I looked at video of the new soft top. It is much easier but I know I would still hate it. I am holding out for the power top.
I’ve only had my JL soft top for 10 days, so hardly enough time to completely endorse something, but I’ve so far really liked the “safari” set-up. In the heat of the summer you literally cannot put a price on having shade over you while still having the sensation of being “topless” even though you’re exactly the opposite- sideless, but cooler and not sunburned. Obviously, removing the doors lends an ever more open feeling.

And the ease at which the windows are removed and replaced is literally incredible. So easy!

5D571BD3-800A-4C8A-9D6E-10F46C16098F.jpeg